Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!
Santamakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks

+2
LMPartdolls
regiooaksartist
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks Empty Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks

Post  regiooaksartist 23/7/2009, 10:12

Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks WIP%20of%20newest%20ooaks%20009

Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks WIP%20of%20newest%20ooaks%20010

Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks WIP%20of%20newest%20ooaks%20011

I hope this worked. Here are some WIP pics of Chester..the marionette that Santa will be holding in my latest ooaks. Hugs, Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks Empty Re: Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks

Post  regiooaksartist 23/7/2009, 10:14

OMGOSH...to big...HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do I shrink these so ya'll can see them...LOL!!!!!!

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks Empty Re: Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks

Post  LMPartdolls 23/7/2009, 12:48

Regi,

The marionette looks great! He's got that "in your face" attitude. rofl Blink I'm just kidding cause your pics are big. lol I couldn't help myself. Very Happy All kidding aside, I do think he is great. It makes me want to try and make one myself. What a cute touch! hmm Idea *stores that to the back of the memory bank*

As far as the image size, I'm not sure how your image hosting site works, but I want to say you might be able to adjust the image size there. You'll just have to poke around a bit and see they have to offer. I have an image editing program that I use to manipulte my photo sizes. The program I use is Adobe Photoshop Elements. I mostly use it just to reduce my image size and prepare them for web publication. It's nothing fancy, there are probably quite a few programs on the market that do the same thing. Mine was a christmas gift from my hubby. If you have "paint" program on your computer, I believe you can use that to manipulate your photo sizes too, though I'm not sure. Shrug

Anyway, I hope this helps you! And, your little marionette really is a cute little guy. :-) I like him. admire

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 23/7/2009, 14:44

ok ok I set myself up for that one and I should have known it would be YOU that did it...LOL
we are just to much alike girl!!!! I used the site that was suggested to me....the caveimage one. I guess I'm just gonna have to play with it some and TRY to figure it out....don't want to scare ya'll to death with some pf my pics....LOL!!!! Chester actually looks kinda scary to me up close...ROFL!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 23/7/2009, 16:55

Arghhhhhh I'm blind!!!! LOL You got the basic idea down Regi, good job. To reduce your image in image cave go to your album that your pics are in. You will see a box that says manage image. Click that. Assuming that you are using pixels you will see how big your photo is in the resize image area. You will see width and height. I normaly resize to 500 on the biggest number listed. So if you have an image that is say 1500 in height and 1400 in width change the 1500 to 500. Also check the little box that says maintain aspect ratio. The will keep your photo in proportion. Then click the resize button. It will resize your photo to a more manageable size. Then just click return to album and you are ready to use your new resized photo. Hope this helps huggs
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-18

http://freewebs.com/psclaus

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 23/7/2009, 19:12

Oh, Regi, I just couldn't help myself. This is what happens when the family leaves me at home all by myself. rofl You did a great job though posting them though!

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 23/7/2009, 21:06

Awwww....thank you Paula...I will go and try that now...and as for you Ms. Lori Razz ...LOL!!! j/k ya know your my pal!!!!!!!!!! Hugs

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 23/7/2009, 21:17

Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks WIP%20of%20newest%20ooaks%20010

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 23/7/2009, 21:18

Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks WIP%20of%20newest%20ooaks%20011

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 23/7/2009, 21:19

OK I tried....LOL go to my blog and you can see them MUCH better....

http://Southernooaks.blogspot.com

Hugs to all my very patient pals...LOL

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 23/7/2009, 22:42

I'm your follower now Regi, and you got a friend request in facebook, me!
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 23/7/2009, 22:44

Excited YEAH....thank you thank you Paula. I accepted friend request...so happy you found me on there. Ummmm but now you will find out just how quirky and crazy I am...LOL Woot

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 24/7/2009, 07:03

Nice job on the pics, Regi. I knew you could figure it out! Clapping Now you will just need to figure out the ratio aspect of it all. Smile A couple are a little distorted on the "width" side of things, but not that bad.

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 24/7/2009, 16:35

A LITTLE distorted...LOL you are a friend...being so sweet in saying another way that they still look horrible....ROFL!!!!!!! Fear I will try and play with it more a bit later. I'm working on Santa's soft body now. It's so funny how when you are working on one sculpt that about five more jump in your head...LOL!!!!

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DianeExpress 24/7/2009, 18:15

Hi Regi!
I checked out your blog....neat! thumbup
You had said that you felted out
Santa's body. Would you please explain how you do that? Never heard
of doing it that way before. Thanks!
(And I think that your marionette is comical. Wonder where he gets it? ...... rofl) Hugs...Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 24/7/2009, 22:34

Regi....you are a hoot! <3 <3 you literally crack me up! Hyper

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 25/7/2009, 09:10

Excited Yeah....if I'm making ya'll laugh and cry (with laughter tears) then I'm doing my part...LOL!!! I have a phylosophy (sp??) in life....one is apparently to learn how to spell and the biggest one is......"Life gives all of us Woot ups and Crying downs...I want to be one that makes sure everyone has at least one UP in their's each and every day"

I will post some WIP photos of Santa......Nekkid Surprised .....when I get his other arm batted and felted. I don't use a body glove on mine...well sometimes I do....but not often. I make the wire armature and then cover it with loose batting fibers....then I take a whole piece of batting and place it over the fibers...that way I can remove some if I need to and add some. Then I needle felt it to give it added strength. I always make it look kinda like a body....do some outlining...ya'll will see in photos...LOL!! I think I mainly started doing it this way because being the starving artist that I am Hyper I have to make do with what I have and for some strange reason I ALWAYS seem to have batting material laying around...LOL!!

Diane..hummmm I just wonder where he did get it from.... whistle .

Hugs to all,
Regi

Remember....to smile today....if ya just can't seem to manage one..stand on your head...a frown is a smile upside down... yes

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 25/7/2009, 10:06

Popcorn Waiting on photos! I'll be sculpting on a santa head in the meantime. I'm gonna attempt to do a Judith Klawitter style piece today. Atleast start to work on the head. I might end up falling asleep in the middle of it cause I was up so late last night. Til 3:45 am. Blink I had this drive that I had to work on a pattern for the body stocking piece for the body measurement of about 36". I have no idea what got into me that I had to do it last night. Then, get up too early (at about 9:30) for the time I went to bed. yawn I might have to take a nap.

Have fun on your body piece, Regi. I think I'll go and take my nap first, then start the santa head. Sleep rofl

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 25/7/2009, 18:43

Shrug Ohhhh noooo....you are so much like me it's not even funny...LOL...well ok maybe it is funny. Razz I do that to myself too....think I have to get something done RIGHT THEN Shocked and then realize that no one is pushing me to get it done...but ME...LOL!!!! I hope that you got a nice long relaxing nap girl of course if you did then you will probably be up late again tonight and so the cycle starts all over again.

Owwwww....can't wait to see some WIP photos of the Santa head. JK is a really good artist. I love how each artist has their own style.....mine are quirky pieces byt HEY that's just muah!!!!!

I posted some body shots...nooooo not of me...of Santa...uhhh huhhhh I know what ya'll were thinking...LOL....I'll post some of those around Halloween. Go take a peek and let me know what ya think. I can post pics soooo much better on the blog than I can here...but I will learn....hopefully....maybe....time will tell!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Regi

http:/Southernooaks.blogspot.com

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 25/7/2009, 19:15

Waiting to see the head!
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 25/7/2009, 20:10

Silly willy...I posted it first...LOL!!! Remember..poor Santa laying there all to pieces..singing

Iiiiiiiiii ain't got nooo Bahhhhh dee" thumbup ROFL....it is listed under the post Santa and Chester on my blog. It is the one with the head laying between the legs and his hands are in front of them both. He doesn't have his hair and beard yet....I sometimes do them after I finish the head and sometimes I wait until I first the whole sculpt....gotta keep things interesting... teehee

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 25/7/2009, 20:36

Regi you want me to send you a yard of some flesh tone double strech fabric? I bought a whole bolt of it last summer so I can spare a yaard if you want it. Just PM me your addy. huggs
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 25/7/2009, 22:35

Looks like Santa is coming right along there, Regi! He'll look pretty good once he gets his hair on his head. tongue I still can't believe you do all that work felting his body like that! Soooo much work. My hat is off to you for having the patience for doing that type of work.

As for me...I never made it to the nap. I never made it to the santa head either. But, I did get prepared 2 bodies for a 36" santa and 2 bodies for 18" santas. It's basically the skins. But, it was a lot of work. Each piece I did a straight stitch around the piece, then I did some fancy type of reinforcement stitch that looks like serging. Shrug I don't own a serger sewing machine, so I had to do this in a 2 step sewing process. I did it on all 4 pieces. So, now, tomorrow I should start on the head....I think. lol I have no more excuses. I have everything to start now....so...time to put in the elbow grease.

Can't wait to see your santa finished. He's gonna be cute with this marionette. Very Happy

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 26/7/2009, 08:23

Sleep ohhh girl..I'm so sorry that you didn't get your nap in (that's a luxury I lost a long time ago.....LOL....Chaz doesn't even know what the word means) Sounds like you did get busy though. WOW....two bodies...that is alot of work. I have found that our hands can stitch anything a dang old machine can....of course I wouldn't want to challenge one to a race or anything. teehee I hope you do get to work on the head today.....post some WIP pics pplease. Can't wait to see it....well...I know I will have to wait until you are ready to show him but ya know what I mean.... thumbup

Big hugs,
Regi

I'm making clothes for my guy now....well...actually trying to make some specticles but not sure how they are going to turn out....I get side tracked so easy don't I? LOL

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 26/7/2009, 11:31

I couldn't live with out my serger. I found it at a pawn shop a few years ago. The owners didn't know what it was, and let me have it for 29 bucks! Needless to say it didn't have an instruction manual, so I never could figure out how to thread it. I took it to a sewing machine repair shop and they showed me how, still can't get the tensions perfect, but I got it good enough. It was one of the best mini investments I ever made.
I am on a stuck place right now with my build a man. The vest fronts look OK but kinda plain. Trying to figure a way to jazz them up a bit with out looking too artsy craftsy. The machine stippling turned out beautiful. Hes starting to look like some one from a Dickens novel. Whelp back to work. Looking forward to seeing all these finished pieces use guys are working on.
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next