Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!
Santamakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks

+2
LMPartdolls
regiooaksartist
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks - Page 3 Empty Re: Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks

Post  LMPartdolls 29/7/2009, 14:28

Excited Woot! half the profits! Hurry up and get to writing would ya! naughty

And, yes, Regi, I do think you could do it. You might consider picking up a "Highlights" magazine and read the type of stories that are published in there. Write a short story and try to submit it to the magazine. You can also try Reader's Digest. I believe they have spots you can freelance stuff in. There are opportunities all over the place. The trick is not to be disappointed if they turn it down the first time or so. Just because one publisher does not like your short story...doesn't mean that the next one will not. It's really just a matter if your writing style fits the mold of what they publish. Shrug And, too, you can also have a collection of short stories and publish a short story book on your own, or a publisher might find your stories funny enough to publish for you. You never know until you try. You have a highly creative imagination, and I think children would love your wit! True Story! Wink

Hugs,
Lori

P.S. you need to make Miss Peaches another baby! roll

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks - Page 3 Empty Re: Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks

Post  regiooaksartist 29/7/2009, 15:17

OMGOSH...now everytime I call Ms. Peaches in for dinner I'm going to see your granddaugter Paula....LOL!!!! My Ms. Peaches got her name from my youngest sister...she had the momma cat and when her one and only baby was born she looked just like the tip of her tail had been dunked in peach color paint. She is a long haired persian...black tortoise shell...so the peach really stands out. Ashley had to find a new home for her because Ms. Peaches couldn't stand that other furry creature that liked to lick herself all over...shhhhh
we haven't told Peaches she is one of those cat creatures...LOL!!!!! Ashley gave her to my mom and when she was with my parents she would hide when anyone came to visit except for the three of us. She adored Chaz from the very start. Momma and Daddy both got very ill and couldn't take care of her any longer so mom asked me to take her since Peaches loved us so much. We did and OMGOSH this four legged person never meets a stranger now. My nieghbors laugh because if I go out in the backyard she follows me around like a puppy. She is really a strange cat but we love her so much...I guess being so strange is what makes he fit in so well here.... Excited .

Lori...Lori....Lori....of course I will share the proceeds with ya darlin but that means ya have to help cover the publishing cost....ROFL!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding. A friend sent me a link where you can publish your own book and it doesn't cost a whole lot. Even if I had just one book it would make a great keepsake for Chaz when he got grown. He could read it to his children. How awesome would that be? Of course....it would be nice to have a publishing house pick it up too...I surely wouldn't complain about that. tongue

Well....time to sew some more.....will be thinking of J and the team....GO TEAM!!!!! Hugs to all, Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 29/7/2009, 16:02

This is my Peaches, Ciarra Sky. The weiner is Dach.

Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks - Page 3 P1230012-copy
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-18

http://freewebs.com/psclaus

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 29/7/2009, 16:11

Ciarra Sky, what a beautiful name! And, she is definately a peach....and dach...well, he is a ham...I can tell. roll

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 29/7/2009, 21:11

Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks - Page 3 The%20many%20faces%20of%20Chaz%20001

Here is our Ms. Peaches and the Chazman!!! Chaz is my youngest son...my lil Godsend.

Paula....your granddaughter is BEAUTIFUL and I love her name. I love the weiner hound as Chaz calls them...LOL!!!! thank you for sharing!!!

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 29/7/2009, 21:35

Regi,

The Chazman is a handsome young lad! What a cutie pie he is. Yep...I see a baseball player sitting there! Somebody get that boy a glove already! Don't forget the bat! Excited and too....glad to finally meet the ever famous Ms. Peaches. Chuckle

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 29/7/2009, 22:13

Awwwww....thanks Lori...I do think he is a cutie pie too...LOL!!! I need to get a picture of our stray baby. Joseph wanted to name her Ms. Cream....ya know...Peaches and Cream...
This from the man that doesn't like cats..YEAH right!!! She is white with yellow running thru her so Ms. Cream is a good name for her. I don't think that we will EVER be able to let her and Ms. Peaches in at the same time...I think cream would do wonderful...it's just the DIVA that would have the issues..hehe!!! Now BEAR is a totally different story...he wanted no part of that cat being in our house...LOL....I told Joseph that the two of them wouldn't work...Peaches was here when we adopted Bear so he knew he couldn't do anything about her...but to let a new comer and a CAt at that in after him...well he will have to ponder on that for a bite ummmmm I mean bit...bit...not bite....LOL!!!!!

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Elves 29/7/2009, 23:34

I don't know who to comment on first, Chester or the Peaches! Laughing

Chester looks great and I can't wait to see the complete doll!
It's good to see both Peaches that I've been reading about. At least now I have a visual! Paula your granddaughter is so cute!
Mountain Elves
Mountain Elves
Admin

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://mountainelves.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DianeExpress 30/7/2009, 08:08

Paula and Regi!
BEAUTIFUL kids and wonderful pets! Having them must put such smiles on your faces. Laughing Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Hugs...Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 30/7/2009, 10:59

Awwww...thank you thank you on both compliments...LOL!!!! I am getting Santa's beard and hair in place right now. It is still amazing to me after all these years of sculpting Santa that he can look so different when you get his "Santa" face on. I'm trying to decide if I want to put the glasses on him that I made....I think I'm going to but then again I might decide not to...ohhhhh hopefully HE will tell me if he wants them or not...LOL!!!!!!!! His red flannel shirt turned out really good....trying to decide if I want to tackle a life size shirt like it...FOR ME....hehe!! I'm going to start on his trousers next....found a really nice flannel brown/black/red/white plaid for them. Chester is just "hanging" around waiting patiently for Santa to be holding him and checking out the elves handy work....hummmmmm....I see some things I need to do to him too....OMGOSH....a never ending thing with our sculpts isn't it....you just have to decide when you have done enough on them and then walk away...yes that's it...walk away!!!! Chester...Stop staring at me..... teehee

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 30/7/2009, 14:31

Getting impatient, too much talk not enough sewing lol. Your color combination sounds great, I'm sucha sucker for plaids. He gonna be a woodland santa? Dang it you gotta stop this I am so getting the urge to start another Santa, but has miles to go on the build a man. (Grabs her book of musings and starts to jot down ideas again). Idea I gotta get back to work on that vest! Later taters Huggies Paula
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 30/7/2009, 19:17

OMGOSH Paula....you ARE doing a Santa...aren't you? Isn't that what the Big man is? Ok Ok I'm so confuzzled now...which ya'll know is not hard for me to be....LOL!!!!! I finally finished putting Santa's hair and beard on.....that is the one thing that I am soooo slow about...I think I have to put a few hairs on at a time...LOL!!!! My camera batteries are so not wanting to cooperate for some reason so as soon as I get them working (hummm wonder if I have them in upside down??? Blush )I will take some WIP pics for ya'll. I want to start on his trousers and I think I'm going to do it tonight. Thank you about the fabric choice...I love plaids too...could be the Scottish in me I think!!!! I'm so ready to get him done....my muse has filled up a page of new ooaks for me to do...LOL!!!!

Hugs to all,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 30/7/2009, 20:23

Oh yeah he's a Santa, but he looks more refined, that was unexpected, hes started to look like something out of the colonial period now. Got the vest done just got finished with cutting out the coat. Waiting for my work room to cool down a bit then I'm going to hit the ol sewing machine again. Can't wait to see your wips. Thats whats bad about forums, you gotta wait and wait and wait and wait. Hyper Hyper Hyper Hyper
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 30/7/2009, 20:47

LOL...that is so true about waiting...especially if you so want to see it...seems to take FOREVER then!!! Shocked I will get some pics up tomorrow when I have some sunlight in my studio....I hate to admit this but I DID put the batteries in upside down... tease only me...only me!!!! But shhhhhhhhhhhh....maybe no one else will notice this post!!!!

Have you posted any new WIPS on your blog? I want to see.....I want to see...pppplease!!!! OK calming down now...ahhhh ommmmm...LOL!!!! I think he is going to look wonderful Paula. I really want to see the vest because I kinda thought he was looking very Victorian with the beautiful shirt. It's amazing how one detail can change the piece, isn't ir? Either way....he is going to look awesome.

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DianeExpress 30/7/2009, 21:10

hey regi i noticed! lol!

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 31/7/2009, 09:56

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....ok now...who is trying to post AGAIN......LOL!! Hummmmm...maybe it is just the operator on this side....but nahhhhh...couldn't be.....could it??? Woot

Ummmmm...Diane..what did you notice? Did I miss something here? Someone tell me please...ok ok you found out....LOL....I'm a total dingaling. But HEY...that can be a good thing sometimes....right?? RIGHT??? You would think after I have done this about a hundred times before that I would put the batteries in and then take them right back out and put them in the OTHER way Blush . Well...let's just say...I make life interesting!!!!!

Here are some photos of the red flannel shirt and Santa's head. I finally finished him in the weeeeee hours of the morn..... Sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....yeah yeah I'm awake...need more coffee...going to get coffeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks - Page 3 WIP%20of%20newest%20ooaks%20021

Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks - Page 3 WIP%20of%20newest%20ooaks%20023

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 31/7/2009, 15:04

Regi,

He's coming along very nicely! They always look better when they get hair on their head. I know mine do. lol Chuckle He will look great once you get him completely finished!

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 31/7/2009, 16:20

Awwwww...thanks Lori. I'm FINALLY working on his trousers...been trying to start them for three days now..LOL!! I'm ready to get this one finished....I already have a new one in mind and I want to get started on him...LOL!!!

Hugs,
Regi

Happy FRIDAY to All..............

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 31/7/2009, 17:01

Well finally, I get to see what this guy looks like. Your wigging turned out great. And I can see the high held hand for your puppet. This is really gonna be cute and imaginative. Keep going kiddo.
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 31/7/2009, 22:48

Hi Paula...awwww thanks. I kinda think that his hair makes him look like Albert Einstein...LOL!! But he was a kindly old fella so I think that's ok. I decided to use the tiny specticules I made for him....I made the kind that folkes use to wear on the ends of their noses. My neighbor came for a visit today and she said that she loved the glasses and she wanted a pair of slippers for herself like he had on....ROFL!!!!!!!!! I will get a pic posted of the glasses maybe later tonight. I'm working on the leather belt right now. I'm ready to get this ooak all put together.....so my muse will stop hollering in my ears for the other 10 ooaks she has planned for me to do.... Woot .

Hugs and tons of laughter,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Elves 1/8/2009, 16:27

Isn't it amazing how a doll's personality develops along the way! Popcorn He's looking great!
Mountain Elves
Mountain Elves
Admin

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://mountainelves.com

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 1/8/2009, 21:57

Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks - Page 3 WIP%20of%20newest%20ooaks%20028

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 1/8/2009, 22:02

Well..they are finally finished. I'm really proud of this one. I have additional photos on my blog page if anyone want to go take a l@@ksie!!!! I wasn't so sure about the hat but Chaz loved it and said that Santa needed a hat even if he was at home resting...LOL!!! Who am I to argue with a cutie pie like him? Excited I can't decide what I want to work on next.....I have some ideas about a football Santa. ALABAMA or auburn.....or maybe both...OMGOSH...maybe a ALABAMA one sitting on top of a tiny auburn elf...yeah yeah that would be awesome. Hyper I want to do a Halloween Santa too.....I have so many I want to do...just don't know which one is going to win!!!! ROFL....

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DianeExpress 1/8/2009, 22:37

Regi!
He's amazing! Isn't it something when everything comes together!? I went to your blog and was very surprised that you're offering him for $150. Why so low??????? Shrug
Hugs...Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 1/8/2009, 23:24

Regi!

He is FABULOUS Clapping !!!! Very, very nice job on him. I love him. You really did a wonderful job on him. Very Happy I really do hope he sells for you. You deserve it. thumbup

I really like how he is posed with his marionette, Chester. His clothing is done very well, down to his belt and his slippers. Even the chair he sits on...nice touch.

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next