Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!
Santamakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks

+2
LMPartdolls
regiooaksartist
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks - Page 2 Empty Re: Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks

Post  DianeExpress 26/7/2009, 12:40

Paula, don't you just love those bargains?!! Clapping I don't have a serger but would like to get one someday. My problem right now is lack of room!!!
I
love hearing everyone's talk of Santa making, but (gosh darn it) mine
is on hold until I get three other promised projects done...all sewing.
Then I'll be joinin' Y'all!!!!! Excited
Hope you're having fun with dressing your guy! Wink
Santa hugs...Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks - Page 2 Empty Re: Chester...the marionette in new Santa ooaks

Post  regiooaksartist 26/7/2009, 12:46

WOW...Paula...you found a treaure when you found the serger for just $29. I'm a bit afraid of sewing machines....they are dangerous..well to me anyways Embarassed . I would love to see a photo of the vest. I bet it looks wonderful and it probably doesn't need much since his shirt is just gorgeous!!!

I'm working on clothes...noooo...glasses....no clothes...ok ok I get side tracked really easy so I'm working on both...LOL!!!! I want to make tiny glasses but I work on them and then think..nooo they don't look right...then I work on his clothes and look over at the glasses and think I will work on them some more because they might look alright when finished. Hyper yeah yeah....I'm a bit hyper when it comes to my doll making....LOL!!!! I'm excited about seeing every's work too.

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post  DianeExpress 26/7/2009, 15:44

Regi, I don't know. To me you sound like someone who'd be jumpin' out of airplanes!!! Woot Sewing machines won't bite ...unless you stick a finger under the needle and tramp down on the pedal at the same time. Been there, done that. Would not recommend that to anyone!!!! (But I've lived to tell about it! Hyper ) Point is...I would hate to have someone of your obvious talents not try the sewing angle, too. Opens up a whole new world of dollmaking when you can make your own clothes! Did you ever try??
Love your laughs! rofl Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 26/7/2009, 20:08

Ha, Paula, I wouldn't know how to work a serger either. idiot But, man is that ever a BARGAIN! I would never have such luck. I would bet your vest is going to be beautiful too. I was thinking of perhaps a small pocket in the front for a "pocket watch" . yeah yeah, thats it...pocket watch! Very Happy

Regi, I'm back and forth between projects too. I have the 18" santa, a butt load of ornaments, and a 4" head near completion. He needs his neck and his ears! So he can hear me tell him how much I loooove him and what I would like for christmas. tongue lol I will say this, the head has come out pretty good considering it's not the way I usually create them. I had also thought it might be bigger than what it is coming out to be. Maybe once I get the neck on and such, it will appear bigger. Perhaps tomorrow I'll be able to take some WIPS of all the works in progress. We'll see. The boy has a baseball game at the crack of dawn tomorrow....a double header really. I have to be up at 5 am (that NEVER happens in my house). Then it is an hour drive, and he has to be at the field an hour before the game. Makes me tired just thinking about it. Any way, I would not worry about bouncing back and forth between clothing and glasses. lol I figure that is what most artist do anyway, it keeps our minds fresh. Besides that, it is good not to sit and work on any one project for hours on end...you have to walk away from it for a while so you can have fresh eyes and see things you didn't see before.

LOL Diane, I literally sewed my thumb to a quilt before. I had to reach across and back the needle out of my thumb with my opposite hand. Then, I had to cut the threads from the quilt and stip them out of the hole in my thumb. Shocked It was a good thing it was in the middle of January cause I had to go outside and let the cool air hit me to keep me from passing out. So, uhm, yeah, I KNOW that pain. But, I just keep on trucking along on the machine anyway. tease

Time to get some shut eye before the morning reaches me too soon.

Hugs to all,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 26/7/2009, 20:11

Shocked OMGOSH...me jump out of an airplane....how crazy would that be...ummm Diane, you know it's not the first jump that scares ya....it's the second one cause you know what to expect..LOL!!! (and I'll never do it again wacko )

Machines do bite and I have been BITTEN....LOL!!!! I had that needle go straight thru my fingernail...OUCH...it really hurt too....once the "OH WOW"....did I really just do that effect wore off Going in circles . I do sew on a machine but for all my dolls under 15" I sew their outfits by hand. I have always loved to hand sew.....I still make cloth dolls and I sew them by hand. I know it takes a lot longer to do but it just calms me to sew by hand. I told ya'll I was a bit weird and quirky....LOL!!! Thank you for the compliment too Embarassed .

Big hugs,
Regi

Thank goodness I've gotten to old to be a dare devil anymore...LOL walkingcane

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 27/7/2009, 09:26

Crying Ohhhh the pain...the pain of it all....I guess for those of us that have sewn our fingers to our projects...we are just making sure it has a bit of us in it..... Hyper OMGOSH...I just couldn't resist that one.....please forgive!!!!!!! LOL I do like using my machine on the larger dolls and clothes. I need to get Joseph to make me a table or cabinet to sit it in...I don't have anywhere to put it so I keep it stored away. Ummmmm, well that's a lie...I do have my mom's old sewing machine cabinet that looks like a table but HEY that's holding my ooaks.... tongue maybe I should get him to build me some shelves to hold the ooaks and use the table for it's true purpose....I'll have to work on that!!!!!

Lori....I'm betting once you get his head all finished it will look awesome. I'm still debating on whether mine is going to be big enough for this sculpt I'm doing now. I think once I get his beard and hair on him it will look just right!! So let's put our heads together and get them done. (ok even I think I've had wayyyyyyyyyyyy to much drinkcoffee this morning!!!)

Paula....Lori's pocket watch idea sounds GOOOD!!! I so want to see the vest...put some photos up girl....ppppplease!

I hope that everyone has a claytastic Monday!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 27/7/2009, 13:18

I think I need to start an I.V. of java joe drinkcoffee to keep up with Regi! I swear, I'm feeling like walkingcane today after getting up at 5 am. I got up and it was Alone on the board in my house and I was feeling ----> wtf . All I really wanted to do was yawn. Of course, we lost both games and the coaches did a lot of yelling violin and I was still feeling ----> wtf and I'm sure the kids wanted to ninjahide in their bat bags. So after the 2nd game, we made like tumbleweed and got out quick before the coach could do more yelling. But, while I sat at the 2 games, I as busy as a beaver happydance and created another santa head that now has to be baked after I do a little cleaning up and straightening out from the tough ride home. dogwalk So, once I catch my bearings tease I will try to get some WIPS posted.

Hugs to all,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 27/7/2009, 18:32

The vest isn't finished just the front two panels are done, don't want to sew them together until I get something else added to it. Didn't work on it today at all. Danny and I took off to Fredricksburg and stayed all day,,, bout 300 miles round trip. Had a ball hitting all the shops. Luckily I didn't bring much money, or I would have wipped out my checking. Did buy some hill country peaches and a huge watermellon from one of the local farms tho. Went to a place called Wild Seed farms. They have a website. Just beautiful, I took some pics and I will post them. My battery died so I didn't get too many. Had a wonderful day with just my hubby.
http://www.wildseedfarms.com/

Last edited by psclaus on 27/7/2009, 19:41; edited 1 time in total
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-18

http://freewebs.com/psclaus

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 27/7/2009, 19:02

Paula,
That sounds like a lot of fun. Post a link to the website. I would have had to leave my debit card at home too. I enjoy going through small shops, antiques and such. I'm pretty good about not buying things...but I do love to look at all that stuff.

The town I live in...well, the area, we call it the Triangle area. There are 3 towns right next to each other. One is called Mount Dora (it's next door to Eustis). It's known for all it's little quaint shops and antiques. Once a year they have a huge Fine Arts festival, and a huge craft festival. Fall and Spring. It is a nice place to go spend a day. Recently they opened up a pub/restaurant there called the Frog and The Monkey. I sort of English style pub. My husband and I went there Saturday night and had cottage pie and guinness! yummy It was just the 2 of us too. We talked about our boy and his gf, stuff at work, baseball, and listened to the musicians play. We had a good time. It's moments like that why we cherish our memories. They come too few and far in between...so we have to enjoy them when we get them. Wink

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 27/7/2009, 20:06

roll Excited Hyper wacko yes LORI....Omgosh...girl...you crack me up!!!!! I loved your note and all the little people you put in place of words....LOL!!!!!!!! I hate that you were so tired and had to hear that mean man YELL!!!! I bet the boys were truly ready to climb into their batting bags. (what a picture that brings to mind...LOL) My oldest use to play hockey and he would drop his bag in the laundry room for me to do his uniform before the next game.....his bag was huge because he was the goalie...well...one day when I was leaning over to unzip the bag to take out the stinkest uniform ever ewwwwww it smelled so bad Michael jumps up out of the bag and almost gave me a heart attack......mostly because he scared the devil out of me and because he couldn't catch his breath due to the fact he was YELLING at me for taking so long to come get his uniform out....what was I trying to do...Kill him....ROFL!!!! I had no idea he was in that bag....thank goodness I smelled that uniform. rofl We were always doing things to try and scare the other one.....we stopped scaring each other after one night when he was getting ready to take a shower (he still had his gym shorts on) and I slowly opened the bathroom door and turned the light off...nooo he wasn't afraid of the dark but I had his glow in the dark SCREAM mask on (I had put it under a light for about 15 minutes so it was REALLY glowing) and well next thing I know I'm laying out in the floor and we thought he broke my nose...LOL...it wasn't funny then but it is now. We stopped trying to scare each other after that for fear that I might get HURT!!!!! My dad was like that so I come by it honestly....always such a goof!!!!!

Paula....your day does sound wonderful and it is so true that we do get such unlimited times like that now adays. Every one always so busy or tired. Something my great grandmother use to say...."Ya never can find the time you need....you have to MAKE the time you deserve" I'm so happy that you MADE the time Paula. Sounds like you have a wonderful memorable outing.

Well, back to work on Santa......Hugs to all, Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 27/7/2009, 20:14

Ha Ha, Regi, you know how much I love the little emotes! tongue I think they are great. Sometime, I wish I had emote signs that I could shuffle through just to stick up in the air in the middle of conversations. rofl Life would be much happier if we could do such things. You know Idea wouldn't that be a good comedy skit for something like Saturday Night Live or Mad t.v. or...better yet...Jim Carey...he could do it PERFECTLY. lol

I think every family has funny scary stories like that. But none with broken noses! Shocked Probably a good idea to put that mask away. lol

Now, go pull out the sewing machine and get that santa done!

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 27/7/2009, 22:48

Ohhh wouldn't that be just awesome to be able to have these lil emoticons floating above our heads when we talked....OMGOSH...folks would surely know I was weird and quirky then...I can just imagine the ones that would pop up.....LOL!!!!!! tongue

Ya'll are gonna push me to get that biting machine out...aren't ya???? I'm doing this one by hand stitching but the next one I will pull it out and "gulp" use it... Wink In digging thru my craft closet I found a large twig sleigh that I had totally forgotten that I still had. I want to make a Santa and a big beautiful bag of antique toys to sit in it. He will have to be 30" or better...it's a good size sleigh....sooooo I will have to use the machine for his costume. I need to get it out too so I can sew some BIG bags for one of the food banks close by....they really helped us in May and June while Joseph was laid off from work....he still hasn't found a permenant full time job but thank the good Lord he is getting temp work. The let you get 25lbs of food and several of the older folks don't have anything to put the food in that they are given.....several others had these really big cloth bags and I thought I could make some and donate them. I always try to return a kind deed....we all have lil wings...just some of us don't realize it 0:)

I'm working on another pair of glasses.....the pair I was doing seem to have disappeared. I have a thief in my house....her name is Ms. Peaches....our 14lb cat....LOL!!!!!! She has this thing for anything tiny I leave on my desk at night. I will have to shut the door tonight...I'm trying something new to make the lens part...may not work but ya never know til ya try!!!!!

Have a wonderful and BIG hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DianeExpress 28/7/2009, 11:39

Just had to tell you comedians rofl
that I enjoyed reading through your last posts. I still have the grin
on my face. What a howl. And REGI!!!!! Why am I not surprised at
your "scare story"?? bag
When I read the part about your son being in the bag the first thing I
thought of Idea was, "I know where he gets it!!"
Paula and Lori had lovely dates and Regi got a stinky gym bag and banged up nose. Question
Lori, your posts with the emotes was priceless. flower
Popcorn Waitin' for the next show! Hugs...Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 28/7/2009, 12:08

LOL I aim to please! Very Happy But, I still think Regi has me beat by a long shot. lol

Speaking of Regi....I just want to say that is a very kind thing of making the bags like that. I can tell you, they will definately appreciate it. angel Give a little, take a little, and rinse and repeat. That is what life is all about. admire

Hugs to you, and have a great day as well!

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 28/7/2009, 12:28

HEY you....yes you Ms. Lori...now I see why my post didn't go through....you didn't tell me we were racing for the finish....ROFL!!!!!!!!! It has happened to me three times now and I just figured out why....I will type this nice long post and then go to send and "POOF" it's gone....said page was busy...well DUHHHHHHH now I know why....LOL!!!!!!!! Let's try this AGAIN....shall we??

Awww..you are so right about the rinse and repeat...what a great way to say it. I like it...I'm gonna remember that...and I'm gonna use it...LOL...if that's alright with you Wink

Diane....my poor boys all came by their wacky, goofy genes honestly...I will take full blame for that....I just hope that they remember them when they have children. Woot I worked 2 jobs when they were growing up so I always tried to make our time together fun and a adventure. The oldest three are grown and out on their own but I have my lil Chazman to start all the fun over with. He LOVES to play the hie and scare game but of course I will play the game a bit differently this time around...gonna buy me a nose guard...oh heck..I think a full face mask might be a good thing.... whew .

So what is everyone else working on? I'm about finished with Santa's second pair of glasses...I still haven't found the first pair that walked off...LOL!!! I put these in a tiny box so my cat burgular couldn't steal them in the night...OMGOSH....cat burgular....my cat...get it get it!!!!!!!!! OK whew....where was I? I have the red flannel shirt cut out and ready to start sewing. I want to get the shirt done so that I can put his head on....he is really giving me the creepies laying on the desk....he keeps starting at me...LOL!!!

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DianeExpress 28/7/2009, 12:42

Regi! I love your "cat burgular"! I know what you mean! We've got
six (that's 6) food criminals ourselves. And this from someone who
said, "NO! We don't need a cat!" Fear
All are rescues ( luv em to pieces) and all of them think they're still
starving or something. They get homemade food (it saved Jake's life so
they all get it) and they think that they're entitled to everyone
else's food, too. Does your cat steal more than glasses??? tapfoot I'm sure you've got some wild cat stories in your repetoire! naughty When you've got the time.........
Smile Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 28/7/2009, 13:17

Going in circles It's ok, Regi, I'll be heading out the door soon for another baseball game. Better get your post in while i'm gone. LOL

Watch out for that cat burgler.

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 28/7/2009, 14:55

I'll be rooting for J's team to win this one. YEAH!!!!!!! Excited You silly girl...it's kinda fun to see a post there when it wasn't before...kinda like MAGIC...I just hate to retype everything again when the magic happens...LOL!!!!!!!!!

Diane...WOW...should we call ya "CAT WOMAN"....LOL!!!! I love cats but hubby doesn't care for them much so I have all he will let me or that he thinks he will let me have...hehe!! We had a stray come up on the porch this weekend and I have been feeding her so it is going to be such a shame that she will be staying with us too....ROFL!!!!!!!!!! I do have a few wonderfully funny cat tails...OMGOSH....tails...cat tails..get it get it....WOW..I really need to cut back on the coffee in the afternoon. GEEZ!!!!!!!!!! Hyper

Hugs to all,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 28/7/2009, 20:26

Well, darn, we lost...again. They play again tomorrow sometime....just waiting on the seeded schedule. If they win the first game (which I doubt) they will play again tomorrow night, if they loose, then we'll be back on Thusday sometime. And, hopefully that is the end of it. Makes for some super long days. And, I'm burnt to a crisp now as it is. Shocked If i'm not careful, someone will think my hamhocks are fried chicken legs! bag

I think we might have to take you coffee away from you, Regi. lol You are a hoot! tongue I never know what you are going to come up with. Popcorn Keep it coming, nothing better than a smile on the face.

Poor kitty(s) lol

hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 29/7/2009, 08:52

I hope that they got some runs in at least and it was a good game.....it's always fun just to sit and watch. I'll be so glad when Chaz gets a bit bigger so he can play...his attention span just isn't long enough just yet.....ya know..he has that artistic eyesight of looking at everything around him and saying...HEY mom...look...there is a dragon in the clouds and he would NEVER see the ball heading straight for him because of it...LOL!!!!!!!! HUmmmm, he might never be ready to play ball....ROFL!!!!!!!

Hamhocks and FRIED chicken....girl...you just rofl me. I get so excited when I see that I have Santa mail....I never know what YOU are going to say.....and that in turn gets me in rare form...LOL!! Ya'll would never guess that I am really very shy....no no stop it....no laughing....I really am...ok now stop it....I am....it's just that I can be myself and be brave when I have this little box between me and everyone else myaha .

Hugs and tons of laughter,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 29/7/2009, 09:05

OMGOSH....Diane of course I have more cat tails..hehe!!! Ms. Peaches really is a cat burgular....anything tiny that she can bat around is fair game as far as she is concerned. She did sneak something off that was of a bigger size one time.....I make felt pin cushions and I was working on a Kanga and roo one......Kangaroo...get it....LOL....I had the mom (Kanga) completed and was putting the Roo (baby) together. Peaches would sit on my desk and watch me the whole time making the Roo.....if I got up she would put it in her mouth and just sit with it....I thought that she was getting ready to sneak off with it but she would just sit there. I would take it away from her and tell her "No...that's Kanga's baby not yours" and she would almost huff at me. I finally got Roo all put together and went downstairs for something and when I came back Peaches and Roo were nooooo where to be found. I looked all over the house for her......I finally found her in the bathroom sitting in the tub and when I moved the shower curtain back she started growling at me...YES growling....I couldn't believe it. She was NOT going to give up Roo for nothing...not no how...noooo way!!!! That made me notice how she was carrying it....like a momma cat would carry one of HER babies. OMGOSH....Peaches thought Roo was a baby kitten. Girls...she carried that felt baby all over the house for weeks....growled if I tried to take it and she would even curl up over it and sleep with it. I never would have thought my DIVA cat who by the way can not stand other cats would take up with a felt character. About two months later I found Roo all tattered and torn sitting under my work desk...I guess the DIVA finally came out in Peaches and she decided this house wasn't big enough for two cats....ROFL!!!!!!!!!

Now I'll tell ya'll about her "talking" another day...................................

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 29/7/2009, 12:09

Regi,

Have you ever thought about writing children's stories? You could publish a little book of "cat tails" that kids would probably get a kick out of. Very Happy

We lost the game last night, but did manage to score a few runs in. It's really all about the experience. They had a game today at 1:00, but I was unable to go becaue I had to work. Sad Just as well I suppose since I'm so burnt still from Monday's games. If they win, then I'll have to head to the field tonight for the next game. And, if they loose, I think they will play again tomorrow. I'm not sure. I have to play it by ear. Either way, we'll still have to play another game tomorrow because it is a double-elimination in the play off part. The poor kid, he's pretty tired. Yesterday he spent 4 hours driving in the car in between games. Today, could be the same thing. I feel bad for him, but, atleast he isn't sitting around in the sun for about 4-5 hours inbetween games. Shrug It's hotter than hadies out there too, about 102 degree with a super high humidity. Got to wonder how they don't start to pass out in that stuff. I'll be glad when this tournament is over. whew

Anyway, off to do some doll work now. Cya

Last edited by LMPartdolls on 29/7/2009, 12:15; edited 1 time in total

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 29/7/2009, 12:13

OMGOSH...I can't believe you suggested that Lori.....I actually am thinking of doing some children's books. Do you really think that they would like them? I know that Chaz likes me to write and then read to him but he is a bit bias...seeing how I am MOM....LOL!!! I'm thinking of starting a separate blog for those.....we will see....we will see!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DianeExpress 29/7/2009, 12:41

Regi!

Loved the Ms.Peaches story (what a name! Smile)
!! I can so believe it. She sounds like a great cat. Why don't you
make her another baby? Maybe that one just didn't taste so good after
awhile. tongue
As far as you writing books? I seriously think that Lori might have an idea there. Why not? All you'd have to do is ramp up your humor a little bit (ha) and the kids would love it. You're certainly creative enough! How about this!........You dash off a short story to start and post it here. We'll critique it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excited I'm not joking. Think about it! (Lori gets half the profits!)
Idea Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 29/7/2009, 13:06

Thats funny cause my grand daughters nick name is Peaches. She couldn't get enough of strained peaches when she was a baby, so the name stuck.
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-18

http://freewebs.com/psclaus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next