Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!
Santamakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where are all the members?

+5
LMPartdolls
DianeExpress
mrsclaus
darel
psclaus
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Where are all the members? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where are all the members?

Post  regiooaksartist 9/7/2009, 17:19

Hyper OMGOSH...I have laughed so much today my sides hurts....LOL!!!!

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 9/7/2009, 17:22

Shocked worthy I am not worthy, ahhhhhhh duh what can I say. The man in my life knows I'm better at fixing things than he is. He taught me mechanics, unfortunately he didn't keep up with what is new, so computers in cars drive him to drinking. I taught him how to sew, if that is what you call his feeble attempts.
I'm not putting him down, its just that men have a tendency to take advantage of the "weaker" sex when it comes to things that have always been mans jurisdiction, plus it bolsters the male id. If I let him know that he knows that I know how to push his buttons, I'd never hear the end of it. So I just keep agreeing with him when he says that 6 1/2 inches is bigger than 6 5/8ths. devil
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-18

http://freewebs.com/psclaus

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 9/7/2009, 17:59

OMGOSH....I know just what you mean...I learned a lONG time ago never to argue with DH...I just nod my head.....and then when I do need something done I just make him think it was his idea to do it...LOL Years of practice on that one naughty

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopie 10/7/2009, 08:29

Hello,
I have currently on the work bench 1 Santa makeover, and a Hoffman doll challenge . The Hoffman is almost done TG. The Santa I thought armature was off so I am making him much taller. After these I will be working on Treasure of the Gypsy challenge. That is what my summers dollmaking

Hoopie

Hoopie
Guild Member

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-05-04

http://www.fireflyystudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 10/7/2009, 08:33

Hi there, Hoopie,

I sure hope you share pics with us! I would love to see them. Where did you find the doll maker challenges at? I would love to try some of them. I have seen some listed in the doll magazine and have submitted some stuff to that (with no luck yet I might add). lol I think it would be fun. Perhaps we should have a doll challenge here. Something like Santa the day after christmas. Idea Nice to meet you too by the way!

Take care,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 10/7/2009, 11:29

Hey ya Hoopie, been looking at your stuff in facebook, (I hope its the same Hoopie), I'd like to get involved in some challenges too, but right now I'm up to my eyeballs in catching up unfinished projects. I have my Grand Daughters birthday stuff to deal with today she turns the big 12. Flea Market Saturday and Sunday, three Dr's appointments Wednesday, daughters bloodwork Thursday. It never ends here so I counsider myself lucky if I can get in a few hours of smooshie time with my clay. Going in circles
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  darel 10/7/2009, 13:25

Man, I was going to add a comment yesterday, but I thought it best to lay low for a bit. But, I do appreciate the information, because now I am on to my wife's game. She has been acting as if she couldn't do any of the little maintence jobs around the house for a long time, when I knew she could all along.

Regi, is your stuff in Harrison Hardware now, if it is I will go by and take a look. I live in Huntsville and I love Harrison's Hardware it is such a cool place.

I am glad there is someone else in the area doing art dolls.

Darel

darel
Guild Member

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopie 10/7/2009, 13:34

I always thought I'd have so much more time to create once the kids were grown......

My oldest grandboy just turned 18, man do I feel old...ACK!!! Woot

Henderson NV..next door to Vegas

Hoopie

Hoopie
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 10/7/2009, 13:43

Ain't it the truth, seems the older they get, the less time you have. Yup been through Henderson many times, have family in Sparks and Reno. Those mountain roads freak me out. Used to Texas flat land.
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Where are all the members? - Page 2 Empty LOL @ Darel

Post  LMPartdolls 10/7/2009, 14:01

Shame on you for spying! ninjahide rofl I'm sure your wife's comments to the accusation will look like this -----> shutup angel LOLOLOL followed by worthy What was that? You need a phillips head? What is that? *hands over a wrench* rofl

Now I wish I lived in Huntsville to check out this ever popular hardware store. I seem to be missing out on all the action in this sweltering heat here in Florida.

Hoopie and Paula, I don't have any grand kids yet, Blink atleast non that I know about anyway; with 2 grown up boys and one nearly there at 16 y/o, one never knows! But, I can tell you that I've been involved with the local little league here for years, since my youngest boy was 5, and when I see all those fine young boys and girls all grown up, driving their cars, some with families and babes now, I can feel every wrinkle on my body, see all the witch hazel hairs popping up, and feel all the saggy parts getting even more saggy. Crying Sometimes it makes me feel like poopoo , but then I remember, once my youngest gets out on his own I'm gonna happydance cause I'll FINALLY have some free time to myself! (atleast until the grandkids show up) hehe

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopie 10/7/2009, 14:24

LONG and boring drive from Henderson to Reno. My Dh got a job up there, but we could not sell our house , so transferred back here.

I signed up in photo gallery so when I get accepted or ?? I'll post some pictures. Going in circles !

Yes I have facebook, though some of these things are a nightmare trying to keep up with. hmm

Hoopie huh

Hoopie
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Elves 10/7/2009, 17:49

Hoopie! Woot I have added you & Regi to the Gallery with full access. I think I've have everyone caught up now. Hopefully! I'm waiting to see LMPartdolls (Lori) signed up to the Gallery! I'm looking forward to seeing some photos!! Popcorn

I'll check in this weekend just in case anyone has any problems uploading to the Gallery. I don't go out of town until next Tuesday. There are other members here that have already uploaded to the Gallery that might be able to help too.

Dang, I wish I could figure out a easier gallery system for everyone to use. geek

Patty
Mountain Elves
Mountain Elves
Admin

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://mountainelves.com

Back to top Go down

Post  darel 10/7/2009, 21:39

Lori, I remember your santa in Jacks Johnstons compitition last year. You are very talented and you did a very nice santa.

But much to my dispare, (And one does not SPY on an open web site) my wife did not buy into any to the things you guys were talking about. She simply said that if I wanted her to fix the light switch; she wanted me to do the laundry. She always has that trump card, and dag-gum-it she always win's with it.

But I am glad that you and Regi have joined the group.

Take care

Darel

darel
Guild Member

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 11/7/2009, 08:26

Rofl, Darel, Just some good ole pickin on the men folk. Very Happy Your wife is a very smart woman! Perhaps I should pull that trump card too. I think I still have a LOT to learn in this game...that or my deck of cards has been a little shallow of trumps. rofl I may have to go jokers wild!

And, too, thank you for your very nice comment on my santa. Very kind of you to give such a nice compliment. Blush And, too, I'm very glad to be here as well, a lot of nice folks here, and many, many talented ppl as well. It's humbling to be around so much talent at once.

Take care, Darel,
and hugs to all,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Where are all the members? - Page 2 Empty where is every one???

Post  saddiejane 21/10/2009, 08:04

I my self have been having computer problems since early Spring. We had a lighting strike in the field about 1000 feet from out house. It caused a power surge THAT took out my power supply and mother board to my new computer!! Where are all the members? - Page 2 632345 (No home owners insurance i know very stupid!!) Where are all the members? - Page 2 949 So all summer I have been using my Old H.P. that I bought when my son was in the 8th grade,, 13 years ago LOL it is sooooooooo sloooooooooooooow.& CRASHES A LOT LOL.... I do like this New SITE... but for me I think that it is harder now to just drop in and say hello. before when some one posted we got that post in our email . you could just reply if you were just lurking LOL.. I was VERY GUILTY OF LURKING!!! Where are all the members? - Page 2 248260
Sarah

saddiejane
Guild Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 21/10/2009, 10:48

Sara, it's ok to lurk! At least you are keeping up with whats going on. It's been really slow in here for the past month, not too many posts happening. Me for one, haven't been posting too much cause I have been so busy getting my house fixed, dealing with relatives, blah blah blah, and managing time in my work room. So don't feel guilty, we all have things that take our time. Glad to see you here, even if it's every once and a while! Huggs Paula Where are all the members? - Page 2 865796
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 21/10/2009, 11:49

Saddiejane,
I know how it feels when your computer goes out of whack like that! It is amazing how much a computer can make you feel so addicted to the internet when you don't have it to even lurk on. lol I know what having a slow computer is like....it feels like it takes FORRRREEEEVERRRR to get anything done. hehe

At any rate, it is nice to meet you, and I do hope you post again when you can find the time and your computer is being nice to you. Where are all the members? - Page 2 313583

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 22/10/2009, 08:27

Hi Saddiejane.....I look forward to getting to know you....that is if ya come out of the corner every once in awhile....hehehehe!!!!! I understand about slowwwwwwww puters too but at least I have one....I would go into complete withdrawals without it and that believe me WOULD NOT be a pretty sight...LOL!!!!!!!!

I have been busy working in the studio on so many different things. Halloween characters, Santa characters, some of my weebies (small animal sculpts) and soooo happy that so far I haven't gotten any of them mixed up together. What a sight that would be!!!

I hope that everyone is doing good.....hopefully we will all find our way back in soon. I MISS everyone.

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsclaus 14/1/2010, 09:30

It's hard to write 10 postings ( to get in the gallery) when there are so few checking out this site. Anyway I thought I'd add a couple thoughts here., even though I maybe talking to myself. Where are all the members? - Page 2 390812

Happy birthday to all the January members. Where are all the members? - Page 2 321201

I also made a life size Santa.His body is made from PVC with moveable ( some what) copper joints. His head has a PVC pipe going up from the shoulders. The head itself was started on a huge, fired porcelain doll head. That eliminates several boxes of tinfoil.Hope that makes sense Where are all the members? - Page 2 36795 Kathy

mrsclaus

Registration date : 2009-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsclaus 14/1/2010, 09:37

When I visit my sculpting friends in Texas. Where are all the members? - Page 2 313583 I love to check out the largest flea market in the USA. It's called First Monday in Canton, Texas. I believe it over 125 acre's of STUFF. Where are all the members? - Page 2 535553 There is no way to see it all in one day. I have bought all kinds of treasures from there for my Santa's. Including my favorite dental tools for sculpting, a mink cape for $12. , and cashmere coats for a couple dollars each.

mrsclaus

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 14/1/2010, 09:41

Morning Kathy....

I'm here...well kinda sorta!!! I would love to see that Santa. Sounds very interesting!!! I love Santa...I'm one of those artist that takes him out of just the Christmas setting and puts him in a daily setting. Since I am the goof of the group I have so much trouble posting photos to our gallery...so not the program but the operator...LOL!!! When you have some time go and check out my blog...please...and you will see some of my work. You will have to go back to older post because I like to babble every day on there. Where are all the members? - Page 2 699332

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 14/1/2010, 09:44

OMGOSH...it's ashame that we don't live closer to one another. I LOVE Flea markets, estate sales and even yard sales. One man's junk truly is another man's treasure...LOL!! That's were I find most of my props for my ooaks. Hubby laughs at me because I will pick something up and say "Hey...this would be perfect for Santa''s desk or I see a faery sitting in this". I think he thinks I'm a bit touched....but aren't all of us artist!!!!

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Where are all the members? - Page 2 Empty Where are all the members?

Post  saddiejane 14/1/2010, 10:02

I am here.. Sorry I haven't been here in awhile... My computer has died of old age and i can not afford to buy another one right now..... I use my sons to check my email once in awhile,,, I would love to see the photos of your life size Santa. and your body frame .. a friend of mine has asked me if I could make one for a silent auction at their festival of trees In November..( to raise money for their food pantry). and I have know idea hove to build the body.. she would like it kneeling in a woven in a sleigh that she is going to weave..... So I am open to any and all ideas... I have never made a life size Santa before..
Sarah.

saddiejane
Guild Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsclaus 14/1/2010, 11:07

Post # 9 _ Where are all the members? - Page 2 321201 but then who's counting. I'll have to try and figure out how to post pictures in the gallery soon I wish someone lived close to me so we could sit around and sculpt together. I'm a very social creature!! Where are all the members? - Page 2 199299 I recently joined a doll club in Gilbert, AZ. 99% of the dolls so far are soft/fabric dolls but several want to learn to sculpt.Some sculpt shoes or other parts for their soft dolls. The group also hopes "other" sculptors will join. Yesteday we met at a little tea house for a meeting. There were around 15 members.Show and tell was just awesome. One beaded necklace won first place in a International contests ( her first time entry) and several other pieces have been in magazines. It was great to hear everyone sharing ideas.The reason I mention this is because next year the group is going to make a tree for the festival of trees in our area. I volunteered to make the Santa tree topper, if someone would make his clothes. Sewing is my least favorite thing to do. I find it very frustrating. Where are all the members? - Page 2 579648 My mother use to make all my Santa clothes but she past away and I miss her in so many ways.

mrsclaus

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsclaus 14/1/2010, 11:18

I was running out of space but wanted to mention my latest project. It's a Jack in the Box Santa. Michael's sold "Christmas" ( and Halloween) Jack in the Boxes last year ( 2008). I tore out all the innards and put in a spring with sculpted arms and a Santa head attached. My original idea was to let it pop open but I didn't want my grandson's pushing the sculpted head over and over into the box. ( boy handled Where are all the members? - Page 2 242993 ) It's all finished just like several other projects, just waiting for me to "sew" Where are all the members? - Page 2 490565 a hat and top. I plan to make 2 witch's/hands ( maybe holding a broom) for the 2 Halloween Jack in the Boxes I have.

mrsclaus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next