Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!
Santamakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where are all the members?

+5
LMPartdolls
DianeExpress
mrsclaus
darel
psclaus
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Where are all the members? - Page 3 Empty Re: Where are all the members?

Post  regiooaksartist 14/1/2010, 11:21

kathy...sounds like a wonderful group. I would love to find someone to sculpt with too..well..my 7yr old loves to sculpt already so I guess I do have someone...YEAH!!!

You will do an excellent job on the topper I'm sure. I understand about missing your mom. I lost my dad and mom in 2007....miss them every day!!!

Hugs,
Regi

Almost to post #10.....YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 14/1/2010, 11:42

Kathy,

You have been so busy posting! It will be noticed soon and you'll be able to upload pics. Where are all the members? - Page 3 313583 There are not many people who live in my direct area that are doll sculptors. I have run into one other right before Christmas here, but I have not heard anything from her since. There are many here in Florida, it is just that we all live so spread out. The next closest one is Kim Fillio (I think that is her name) and she is about an hour from me. You can find her work posted on Ebay a lot. At any rate, being able to meet with other doll makers, even if they are cloth doll makers, is a super nice thing. If anything you will get great ideas on costuming and props etc.

The flea market you mentioned sounds fantastic. I wish I lived near you as well...we could have a rummage day! LOL And, then, we could have a sculpting day, or two, or three! Where are all the members? - Page 3 805951

As for the santa Jack-in-the-box....I would swear you read my mind. I had been thinking of giving a hand to making one of those myself...but witout the core. I was gonna try to make my own core. Maybe we should make that a challege for this coming year. A santa jack-in-the-box. hehe Where are all the members? - Page 3 360356 That might be fun....or a santa tree topper challenge. Just to help people get their creative juices flowing again. Maybe we can do something like that to create more of a community get together here. Where are all the members? - Page 3 87896

Anyway, I'm rambling on now. I'm just so happy to see everyone posting. It helps me to keep my mind off of things.

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 14/1/2010, 12:29

Love ya Lori....in my thoughts each day girl!!!!

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsclaus 14/1/2010, 18:51

Lori,
I thought about making my own Jack in the Box but these "metal" Jack in the boxes were irresistible. They came with a wood handle that when you wound it up.. would play Christmas music. ( or Halloween noises) I painted the metal boxes, did some decoupage on the sides with wrapping paper and then splattered snow all over it. I will get pictures of this on the gallery soon.

mrsclaus

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsclaus 14/1/2010, 19:10

Lori,
I just read your blog.
Oh, how awful about your son. I'm so sorry for what you and your family are going through. As a mother and grandmother, it is my greatest fear that something should happen to one of them. On Easter morning (2008) I was meeting my family ( kids and grandchildren) for breakfast. A woman ran a red light on the corner of where the restaurant was. She T boned our car and changed my life. I was airlifted to a trauma center and ended up with 2 heart surgeries from the trauma of an "airbag". I often have thought it could have been one of my kids going through that light and grateful it was me. I can not imagine your pain and sorry any mother has to endure that loss. Kathy

mrsclaus

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 14/1/2010, 21:15

Kathy,

Thank you very much for your kind words. It has been difficult and some days are better than others. All I can do is keep moving forward, because life continues and my work here is not yet finished. And to tell you, I am grateful for that. Much like with you, obviously, your work here is not finished, other wise, that fateful day may have been a different outcome for you. Where are all the members? - Page 3 784863 After all, I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to have met you. Where are all the members? - Page 3 313583 I am very glad you decided to come to the forums. Such a wonderful group of people here. I treasure them all. :-) And these post really do help to keep my mind off of things.

Many hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsclaus 15/1/2010, 09:32

Lori,
Have the live chats faded away?
I get my sewing machine back today. It was serviced for the very first time. I've had it for about 10 years but it only has several hours of use on it. I was told they need to be serviced more frequently even if they are not used. Where are all the members? - Page 3 481660 I was having so many problems with it and didn't know if it was the machine or me. Now I will know and have no more excuses not to get my projects finished. My goal is to finish the Jack in the Box clothes this weekend.
There is a professional Santa maker just a few miles away from me but I doubt she wants someone to sculpt with when. She is an expert and it's her business. I'd like someone to chat with while I have fun. I also belong to a carving group that meets once a week. I have many carved Santa's too. Can you tell, I'm a very social person?
I will keep you in my prayers. Kathy

mrsclaus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3