Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!
Santamakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where are all the members?

+5
LMPartdolls
DianeExpress
mrsclaus
darel
psclaus
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Where are all the members? Empty Where are all the members?

Post  psclaus 28/5/2009, 21:11

Ok where are all you members? And how come you are not posting? Are we doing something thing wrong , and why is there such a lack of interest? Where is the comradery that use to be present here? It's ok if you don't have time to sculpt. Let us know what your up to. Are you still alive? haha Are you stressed out? Is your son eating you out of house and home? Did your DH forget to do the laundry? Come on tell us about it.
Ok I'll shut up now shutup
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-18

http://freewebs.com/psclaus

Back to top Go down

Where are all the members? Empty Re: Where are all the members?

Post  darel 30/5/2009, 20:39

Paula,

I have two Santa's and a Witch that need their cloths made (My weakest part), but unforutantly I have a day job that has been wanting my time day and night. I work as a mechanical designer for a company that has me contracted to NASA and I am on a team that is designing the Test Artical's for the new Aries I. It should replace the shuttle somewhere around 2012 if all goes well, and 75 percent of the time all doesn't go well. ( But don't tell anyone I said that!)

But, you are right there doesn't seem to be alot of traffic here at the time. I check it every day, and I guess I should comment more because when I found this site it was very busy and I got info from it that helped me alot.

I think that if I'm not talking about Santa's I shouldn't post anything.

I will work on that.

Darel

darel
Guild Member

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 30/5/2009, 22:33

I come off sounding a bit irate sometimes, and believe me I don't mean to. My gosh you work for Nasa? Thats amazing! I have always wondered when the new design for the newer type shuttles would appear but this is more of a rocket right?. Aries 1, thats the constelation program isn't it? I am a space nut so to speak plus I am crazy about the paranormal. I have have never seen a real launch only on TV but I have been mesmerised by the space program since the beginnings of the Apollo program. See this is whats fun to hear from the members, and if you had never said anything we would never have know that you're a part of it. Thats just too cool!

Last edited by psclaus on 30/5/2009, 22:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispelling)
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  darel 1/6/2009, 19:03

Paula, the Aries 1 is part of the Constelation program. and you are right. it is more of a rocket. It's kind of a beafed up Saturn V. The Aries II will be even bigger. It is very exciting to think where all of this is heading.

Darel

darel
Guild Member

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Where are all the members? Empty what I'm up to

Post  mrsclaus 7/6/2009, 20:17

I'm in the middle of a move and don't plan to be finished until the end of the month. Then it's unpacking! Oh, what fun:( . I'd rather be sculpting.
I'm looking forward to a Santa sculpting class in Aug.. Sometime between now and Aug. I hope to get one of my kids to show me how to put my gallery on here. mrsclaus

mrsclaus

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Back to top Go down

Where are all the members? Empty I think we're all still lurking!

Post  DianeExpress 10/6/2009, 10:16

Hi Paula and Darel!
I was one of the first SantaMakers on this site (so long ago) and used to post almost everyday. I haven't been up to it for a long time, but want so much to get back into Santa making. I've been saying that for quite awhile now. (blah) You're, right, though. We need to post whether we have anything made or not! I hope that all those wonderful friends out there will drop a line here. Thanks for taking the time to do it. Hope to hear from you again.
Hugs...Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 10/6/2009, 17:40

Yup Diane, you are right, we need to get motivated again and btw there are santas lurking in your minds that that are waiting to be born. Lets get er done! I have a lifesize still in the works, hes a bit too fat and jolly lol. Gots to put him on a diet, too much polyfil ha! Lubs Yall
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsclaus 10/6/2009, 18:03

I have a life size Santa myself "almost" finished. He just stands around in his red underwear and boots waiting for a suit. I considered buying one.. Once our move is over I'm going to have more time for him and many other ideas. mrsclaus.

mrsclaus

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  DianeExpress 13/6/2009, 11:41

Life-size Santas? Impressive!! Smile I'd (we'd) love to see one done!! My former partner (eleven years ago) made one and sold it to someone in Texas. We didn't know anything about using foil for the head armature at the time and she used solid clay!! (A whole pound of it!) I've read that that is not a good idea as it may crack over time. Wonder how 'ol Santa is doing. Shrug
Four years ago for my fiftieth birthday several people got together and bought me one of my dreams...a 1/3 size handmade replica of a gorgeous 19th century sleigh. It's been sitting on top of the stereo cabinet - year round - since then without a Santa. I had the idea the other day to actually put it all together. Trouble is, once I get it done there won't be any room to put it......until we move!!!!!!! (It's quite cramped around here.) My vision for it is Santa helping Mrs. Claus down from it and they're both dressed to the nines for a Christmas ball. You know, on second thought, I might put that on hold and get back into the clay on a little less grand scale. And the wheels start turning....again. Going in circles Back to the mental drawing board!
Hope you guys have a good weekend! Thanks for writing!!
Hugs...Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Where are all the members? Empty Finding time to sculpt

Post  LMPartdolls 5/7/2009, 14:33

I know it is hard to find time to do the things we like in our busy lives. Even harder to sculpt Santas and Christmas scenes when we are not upon the season yet. But, hey....it's Christmas in July! LOLOL Excited And to kick off the season, I've started with a whole mess of ooak Santa ornaments. Very Happy Even though my youngest son is keep me extremely busy with a summer baseball program with his high school team and I work part time too. I take advantage of the baseball games, (which seem to be almost every night sometime) and bring a box of sculpting ideas with me. This week, I started on 10 ornaments while taking in the baseball games. Although, I still need to find time to finish this wee little fairy that is nearly done...poor girl...she still needs hands attached to her. tongue But, the Santa ornaments seem like so much more fun at the time. hehe

Anyway, Happy Christmas in July! Post when you can cause I have enjoyed reading what everyone has had to say here in the forums. (and I'm now out of reading material and need more to read! Shocked )

Take care,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 5/7/2009, 16:14

Yea, way to go Lori. I too understand that quite a few of us have time constraints (not enough hours in the day for me), it seems kinda strange doing xmas in July, but by the time November and December get here I am sick of it. Ha Ha But the whole point here is communication. I get really flustered when no one posts and I vowed I would help Patty out in any way I could. Only takes a few seconds to post HI! I'm still alive! She went to a great deal of trouble to transfer and reset Santa Makers from the now defunct MSN site, and having to deal with the death of her mom then selling all her things. It seems that communication between all of us would be really important. I guess I'm just really disappointed at the turnout.
Lori if you or any one else has any suggestions I'm all ears and so is Patty.
Oh and I forgot to say welcome aboard!
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 5/7/2009, 17:52

I wouldn't be so disappointed just yet. These forums appear to be relatively new. A lot of the old members from the previous 2 groups (if I read my history lesson correctly) may or may not know about these forums yet. Aside from that, we are smack dab in the middle of the year; it's hard to get motivated for Christmas when it is 100 degree outside and you have your mind on the beach! tongue Once the holiday season gets closer, more and more ppl will start to look for the forums or stumble across the forums in some way or another on the web, whether they be santamakers or collectors.

Admittedly, just this past week I was looking for opportunities to expand my interest and try my luck at rubbing elbows with like-minded inviduals. So, I set out seeking forums, groups or just anything I could find pertaining to the art of artdolls. I landed at the ooakguild site, which personally, I don't really see a lot of post going up there...but then again, it's the 4th of July weekend. But, my point is, if it had not been for those forums, I would not have found these. Thanks to a post made there by a member who belongs here! Excited

hmm As far as suggestions go, I'm really new at all this so take me with a grain of salt. Embarassed There are only a couple things I can think of really. One is try to get the guild forum listed with www.webrings.com This seems to me like it might be a good way to draw traffic to the guild. Again, the traffic could be via collector or santamakers. One webring that I just joined myself was the World of Froud webring. Another I'm trying to join is one-of-a-kind artist dolls webring. I did notice that there were some webrings for santa lovers of all kinds. Anyway, the way I understand it, it seems to me that there is a compilation of websites that are "grouped" to that group. So ppl who are interested in a particular subject or theme can search the webring and find our site listed with that grouping.

The other thing is to create a "badge" or a link that members can place on their websites or pages. This way, if one of the members pages get hits, then it can potentially draw more ppl to the guild site. Especially if it were in the case of a past forum member seeking out other forum members (those that were in the yahoo or other group). Kind of like leaving a trail of bread crumbs. Very Happy

Anyway, that is just my 2cents worth on ideas.

hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DianeExpress 6/7/2009, 09:17

Paula! Lori! So good to read you again! Very Happy I hope that you had a wonderful weekend! I didn't do any artwork hmm but the family did get to see fireworks. Haven't done that in years!!! My daughter gave us directions to go to a site and I didn't realize until we got there that it was the Antietam Battlefield. We only live 45 minutes from there, but have never gone to see it! Quite an historic place (a lot like Gettysburg with monuments and such) and very beautiful....high in the hills with mountains all around. The Maryland Symphony Orchestra (excellent!) played all kinds of patriotic numbers and it was grand. We met our, what it looks like, future step-grandkids (2 boys) and they seem very sweet. It was a perfect evening...except for the fact that the Grand Finale fireworks somehow fell over and shot everything into the ground. That looked like an artillery bombardment itself!! I was relieved to read nothing in the news the next morning about any injuries! whew
Anyway, lets at least keep saying howdy (or around here..."Hi Y'all) and hope that others will join in. I'll even try to post a picture in an album...if...I...can...figure...out...how...to...do...it!
Hugs from here!
Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 7/7/2009, 16:55

Sounds like you had a really neat 4th of July. I love going to historical places, I bet antietam is really quite beautiful. If you ever figure out how to post a pic (i'm still working on that myself) I would love to see some of the scenery from there.

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DianeExpress 7/7/2009, 19:30

Lori, it was very beautiful. So sad to think of what happened there.
I usually do pretty well with a computer, but I'm still trying to figure out how to create an album here! Laurie (my daughter) took some good pictures and I'll see if I can figure out how to post them. Smile

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 7/7/2009, 20:33

Cool beans! I look forward to seeing them, as I'm sure they are just beautiful. Smile

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 7/7/2009, 20:41

I turned into a lazy lump on the 4th. No parades, no fireworks, but did have a grand time at the neighbors having a barbque. Every year our town has a good sized parade, and down town turns into a a sweltering mass of people from five counties. They usually televise it but this year they didn't. Instead they had it on the local radio station. The big rodeo has been going on since the 2nd and ended Sunday night plus the carnival and craft shows and the huge fireworks display out out Fort Hood.
We stayed home and watched movies Popcorn , shot each other with the water hose, went to the flea market and griped about the heat all day. Pretty uneventful day, which is the way we liked it.
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 8/7/2009, 11:22

Surprised OMGOSH....I ate wayyy to much on the 4th. I haven't decided if it was to many ribs or perhaps watermelon...both were so yummy!!! Most of our street turned out for the fireworks that my DH and neighbors DH put on. They either came out to the small field where we were or just pulled out chairs in their front or back yards. All were hollaring and cheering and it reminded me just what a wonderful neighborhood we do live in. People tend to stay inside so much that we forget there are folks living next door. It sounds like several here had a great USA Birthday!!!!

I am celebrating Christmas in July as I am working on one of Santa's helpers. RED, the toy painter. I have his head and hands complete and am working on his soft body over a wire armture now. I like to get the basic body done and then put a whole piece of batty over it and needle felt it for added strength. Takes a bit more time but I think it's worth it. Chaz my six year old just can't resist holding them so it's nice to know they can pass the "child" test. thumbup

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 8/7/2009, 19:09

If I let my kid do the "child test", he'd squish it. That is what ya get from a 6'3" 230 lb 16 y/o. Blink
Generally, he is most agreeable with just "looking" roflmao! whew I can't wait to see a picture of Red. If he has Chaz's seal of approval...then he must definately be good.

Anyway, it does sound like most had a good 4th. My husband and I went to a tea party. What can be more patriotic than a tea party, BBQ, and fireworks on the 4th? We had a good time, but here in Florida it must have been 100% humidity, and 99 degree outside that day. I can't wait for the cooler weather to move in again. Of course, that will not be until November if we are lucky.

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 9/7/2009, 09:22

WOW....girl...that isn't a child...that's a MAN!!!! LOL I do totally understand...I have three of those BIG guys grown and out on their own. (28-23-21) Chaz was my late in life BLESSING and I'm so thankful that he is as quirky as his mommie Excited . Chaz is a wonderful criteqer (sp??) for my work. Being so young he is very honest....brutally honest sometimes but that's a good thing.....I think!!!!

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 9/7/2009, 13:00

I wish I had guys, unfortuanately nothing but females run in my family, so to get anything done you learn to do it yourself. Lol I have become a carpenter, a mechanic and a plumber among other things. My girls wont touch any thing that is considered manual labor.
My DH looks at my work and says "Hmmm thats nice". He'd change his tune if I sent him a bill. rules . At least I know its fixed right the first time. Whats that song Sisters are doing it for themselves? But it would be nice to have a few burly guys to take on the job. You guys are lucky.
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 9/7/2009, 13:18

Well....there is only so much my six year old can do..LOL My oldest three all live out of town and never show up when there is work to be done...ROFL!!!! I'm like you...I learned to do things by myself too...I'm lucky that Chaz wants to learn but ask me again in about 5-10 years if he kept wanting to. Shrug

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Where are all the members? Empty LOL @ burly guys

Post  LMPartdolls 9/7/2009, 15:53

Shocked Shocked and again I say Shocked !!!! I have 3 strapping boys too, the youngest 16, 18, then 20...the 18 and 20 are on their own or living with their real dad (so I really can't count them much in for anything). And, my big burly 16 y/o....well, I would imagine that once he moves out on his own one day, he'll either learn how to do manual labor, or......he'll pick up the phone and call his mother over to do it for him. Crying Blink For the time being....you guessed it. It's little ole me. And, my hubby, well, every project he starts gets done to the 1/2 way point. Except for mowing the yard...he usually finishes that. rofl But, I have learned one thing over the years....as a female, you have to play dumb A LOT, because once the men learn you can do something on your own (cause you got tired of waiting for them to do it)....they expect you to do it all the time. So, if you play sweet, innocent weakling, and act like you don't know what they are talking about when it comes to doing something, more than likely they'll roll up their sleeves and get the job done. Maybe not to your complete liking mind you....but, close enough to calling it mustard! Razz That's one way of teaching them. hehe

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 9/7/2009, 15:59

Lori..Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't give all of us helpless ladies secret away for making men do what we want them too....ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGOSH...you are so right about not doing it yourself or they will expect you to always do it....learned that one the hard way I did Sad .

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 9/7/2009, 16:21

shutup Mum's the word. I'm sure none of these gentleman folk around here will read those post on "work". They tend to stay away from the 4 letter words, and look for the ones that are like "fun" instead. LOL naughty

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next