Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!
Santamakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quiet Forum

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Quiet Forum Empty Quiet Forum

Post  Sherijane 9/7/2010, 07:10

It doesn't look like there is too much activity here. I would love to talk to other santa makers! Quiet Forum 855966

Sherijane

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-07-08

Back to top Go down

Quiet Forum Empty Re: Quiet Forum

Post  regiooaksartist 18/7/2010, 14:47

It seems we have all been kidnapped by the elves for some reason....LOL!!! We need to all come back in...I so love this group when they aren't MIA!!!

What type of work do you do Sherijane? I work in clay and dry needle felt. I love bringing the jolly old elf to life. I do the traditional Santa as well as putting him in an everyday setting...well as everyday as Santa can be..hehe!!

I have a few photos in the gallery of some of my Santa's. Take a peak. Would love to hear more about your art.
Will check back in tomorrow. HEY....everyone else needs to check in too....ROLL CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quiet Forum 199299

Hugs,
Regi (Regina)

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sherijane 18/7/2010, 19:19

Regiooaksartist, your santas are so cute and done with incredible detail. I do soft sculpture santas and dolls. Have you been doing your santas for long? Quiet Forum 784863

Sherijane

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 19/7/2010, 10:54

I agree, it is VERY quiet in here! Quiet Forum 805951 Quiet Forum 531751 I sure do miss everyone. Quiet Forum 432100 Wonder where the elves are hiding everyone at?

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 19/7/2010, 21:36

Quiet Forum 745140 awww thank you Sheri. I have been making dolls and sculpts for over 25 years. Yes Yes I'm one of the ancient ones...LOL!! (Hush Lori..I heard that..hehe) I like to make the soft sculpted but my heart is into the clay now and dry needle felting and ok ok I LOVE all kinds of different medians!!!

I'm working on a mermaid right now. She will be holding a sea turtle in her arms. We are having to move our protected sea turtles to Florida due to the spill. I wanted to do something to represent that. I'm also working on an elf or sprite..haven't had that one yell at me which one just yet. Quiet Forum 805951

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 20/7/2010, 16:09

I can't wait to see your mermaid, Regi. And, I'm glad we get your sea turtles. muahaahahaa Quiet Forum 461756

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 21/7/2010, 07:24

Quiet Forum 635267 Hey now...that was just plain ole MEAN.....LOL!!!! I'm so happy that ya'll have a safe haven for them. It's so sad what this spill is doing....to our community and our wildlife. I'll get a photo up once I get her complete.

What are you working on? I need to go check on your blog.....I've been so busy discovering new things here in our new town that I haven't been online as much lately. So much to do here and alot of it is FREE....and FREE is good!!!!

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 21/7/2010, 12:36

Free is always good! At the moment, I am "supposed" to be working on a geisha and an angel. The angel is a commission not due until December. So, I still need to order stuff to begin working on it. The geisha will be for a contest with IADR for the month of September. Something different to do ...though I would try my hand at doing something dealing with racial features and see how I would do. :-) The head looks alright; if I can get the hair do the right way, I'll be doing good. Other than that, I have a bunch of heads on the table all starring at me waiting on their parts. They would tap their feet waiting...but they don't have feet yet, so all they can do is look at me without blinking. hahahaaaa Quiet Forum 617210

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  trolineke 21/7/2010, 22:51

Quiet Forum 443267 In the summer, all the forums are a lot calmer.
trolineke
trolineke
Guild Member

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-09-28

http://www.trolineke.nl

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 22/7/2010, 10:43

Lori....well I guess you really do get the feeling alot that someone is "watching" you... Quiet Forum 390812 Muahahahaha!!!!

Hope you post some WIP pics so we can see. Would love to see the geisha!!

Hi ya Ineke...How are you?

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  trolineke 22/7/2010, 11:27

Quiet Forum 577757
regiooaksartist wrote:Lori....well I guess you really do get the feeling alot that someone is "watching" you... Quiet Forum 390812 Muahahahaha!!!!

Hope you post some WIP pics so we can see. Would love to see the geisha!!

Hi ya Ineke...How are you?

Hugs,
Regi

It is hot here in the Netherlands.
A bove thirty degrees.
That we are not accustomed.
So I am very lazy.

Quiet Forum 577757
trolineke
trolineke
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 22/7/2010, 12:15

I have lived in Florida nearly all my life (born and raised) and I can tell you, one can never become fully accustomed to the heat and humidity. Quiet Forum 617210 It's terribly hot outside...and it makes me lazy too, Ineke. haha Good to see you are doing well though! Quiet Forum 808338

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  trolineke 22/7/2010, 12:23

LMPartdolls wrote:I have lived in Florida nearly all my life (born and raised) and I can tell you, one can never become fully accustomed to the heat and humidity. Quiet Forum 617210 It's terribly hot outside...and it makes me lazy too, Ineke. haha Good to see you are doing well though! Quiet Forum 808338

Hugs,
Lori

Lori, how are you?
With me everything is fine.
But I'll be glad when it is autumn .LOL

Quiet Forum 37107 Quiet Forum 37107 Quiet Forum 37107 Lazy weather.

[color:4bd0=#000]Or I'll move to the North Pole.
Then I live by Santa. Quiet Forum 981764
trolineke
trolineke
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopie 22/7/2010, 13:24

Great to see someone post here. Im in Southern Nevada and its been average 108 . Humidity isnt bad, but I hear this week it will be high..UGH Quiet Forum 502713

My great grandparents were from: him/Rotterdam and her/Freisland . We may go on a visit there in a few years when DH retires.

Hoopie
Guild Member

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-05-04

http://www.fireflyystudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 22/7/2010, 21:23

OMGOSH Ineke...can I come for a visit? LOL We are averaging around 105 here and it's mostly the humidity. Yep Lori I agree, being a Southern gal myself...no matter how long ya live with it ya never get use to it...WHEW!!!!

Hoopie girl...ya'll are just dang hot out your way. I think all of us are ready for the fall time. Do we have fall time here? I don't remember...hehe!!

So happy to see ya'll in here. I miss everyone.

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  trolineke 22/7/2010, 22:40

What is average 108?? Quiet Forum 432100

Hoopie, if you are in the Netherland, you can visit my trollhouse.
You are welcome. Quiet Forum 47498
trolineke
trolineke
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  trolineke 22/7/2010, 22:43

regiooaksartist wrote:OMGOSH Ineke...can I come for a visit? LOL We are averaging around 105 here and it's mostly the humidity. Yep Lori I agree, being a Southern gal myself...no matter how long ya live with it ya never get use to it...WHEW!!!!

Hoopie girl...ya'll are just dang hot out your way. I think all of us are ready for the fall time. Do we have fall time here? I don't remember...hehe!!

So happy to see ya'll in here. I miss everyone.

Hugs,
Regi

You are welcome. Quiet Forum 360356
trolineke
trolineke
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 23/7/2010, 16:46

Quiet Forum 321201 Awww thank you....if I could I surely would!!!! Hugs, Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopie 23/7/2010, 20:30

Quiet Forum 313583 Thanks, I will remember this when we come , we will stop for sure !!!

I can hardly wait for fall and milder weather.

You guys make any Santas of late ?

Hoopie
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 24/7/2010, 10:00

Hi Hoopie....you are sooooooo not alone on fall time...WHEW...we need it....LOL!!!! I posted some of my newest Santa's in the gallery. What have you been working on lately?

Big Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopie 24/7/2010, 13:31

I just finished my Hoffman doll entry. After a long time trying to figure out how to post a picture I think I have finally added one of her... Quiet Forum 199299

Hoopie
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  trolineke 24/7/2010, 22:14

Hoopie wrote:I just finished my Hoffman doll entry. After a long time trying to figure out how to post a picture I think I have finally added one of her... Quiet Forum 199299

Beautiful. Quiet Forum 321201
And what a lovely creations and so much.
But I find Nanny Ogg great.
She is my favorite.
trolineke
trolineke
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 25/7/2010, 09:54

Hoopie....I have always loved your dolls and no different feelings on Fiona...she looks GREAT!!! I like the Queen of Hearts too. Isn't it fun doing a storybook doll? I did some ooaks of Alice, Mad Hatter, March Hare, White Rabbit and the Cheshire Cat. I enjoyed designing them so much but I have always loved Carroll's Alice adventures.

Hugs to all,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoopie 26/7/2010, 13:04

Regi, I saw your group of storybook cuties. WOW!! Thanks for visiting my blog too.
ADO is doing a Grimm Fairy Tale challenge this quarter, but not sure I will get to it this time as I have grandson from Oregon here...... Quiet Forum 313583

Hoopie
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 27/7/2010, 09:30

Quiet Forum 745140 awww thanks Hoopie. OMGOSH....to miss a doll challenge BUT it would have to say being with your grandson would be worth missing it. ENjoy him...you are blessed!!!!

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next