Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!
Santamakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update, August 28,2009

4 posters

Go down

Update, August 28,2009 Empty Update, August 28,2009

Post  LMPartdolls 28/8/2009, 15:12

Nothing fancy to really write about. I've finished painting the boots and am now waiting for the matte acrylic sealer to dry on them. So, since they were outside, thought I'd snap a progress pic of them for ya.

Once they are dry, I'll begin to assemble them all together. I'm working on the armature now for the 32" santa. This is proving to be a bigger task than I thought because I fear my yellow coated wire is not strong enough. hmm So, aside from using the dowel rods for "bone" support, I don't think I'm gonna be able to pose him the way I wanted to in the beginning. You know how it is, the way you imagine it and how it works are 2 different things unfortunately. huh Blush

Anyway, here are the next WIP pics. Again, they are nothing special...just the boots.

32" santa boots and the next pair of 18" santa boots:
Update, August 28,2009 Big-boots-little-boots1

And a close up:
Update, August 28,2009 Big-boots-painted

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Update, August 28,2009 Empty Re: Update, August 28,2009

Post  darel 28/8/2009, 16:28

Come on Lori, what do you mean "nothing special". They are great looking boots and I can tell you put a lot of time in them.
I can't wait to see how you put it all together.

You are doing great.

If the wire you are using doesn't seem strong enough, maybe you can take three pieces of it and insert them into a drill and tighten the cog up on them. Hold the other ends in a pair of pliers and then turn the drill on reallllllll slow, and it will braid the wires for you and then they should be alot stronger. Some times it takes two people, one to hold the drill and the other to hold the pliers, so you may want to get your husband to help you with this IF it's too hard to hold steady.

Just a thought.

Keep up the good work.

Darel

darel
Guild Member

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 28/8/2009, 17:56

Thanks a bunch, Darel. Blush Initially, I had thought I would take and have the Santa's leg lifted off of the platform and have the one leg for support. But, his boots are so heavy that I might just have to have him standing on them both. Shrug Crying Kind of messes up my "plan" I had for him. lol I never would have thought of putting the wires into a drill end so they can twist up like that. I might give that a try. That might be just the thing I need for the extra support to make my idea work. Idea

Glad you like the boots though. My next santa I'll be trying something new so that I don't use so much clay for the feet. Trial and error. Blink I have never made one this large before, so it is interesting to think of new ideas as I thumb along on this project. But, I have to finish these up first. lol

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Update, August 28,2009 Empty September 3, 2009 WIP update

Post  LMPartdolls 3/9/2009, 19:25

Alright, I know you guys have been hanging off the edge of your seats and biting your nails just waiting for these pics. Chuckle Finally, I have something to show. It took me longer than I had expected to get these 2 dolls to their naked stage. tongue The 32" santa ended up being a full 40" in size from tip of head to bottom of foot. I still have to make his base, but, his armature came out not too bad as he can stand on his own. So, I guess that is a good thing. lol But, I will feel more comfortable having him affixed to a base for the added support if you know what I mean. Wink I also have to make the base for the 18" one too. But, the bases will have to wait until later for now. Next time you see these guys, they will be completely dressed and with their "props" I hope. I will be having surgery tomorrow, so over the next couple of weeks, I might be reduced to just sitting and doing some sculpts to occupy my time until my foot heals up enough to do some sewing and such. We'll have to see how it goes.

Anyway, enjoy the pics. I'll show the 40" santa first, then the jolly 18" one 2nd. Sorry about the light; I tried to capture the last bit of daylight hours but, they still came out a little on the dark side. Crying Next time, I'll only take the pics in full daylight. Enjoy!

40" santa:
Update, August 28,2009 Large-santa1
Update, August 28,2009 Large-santa2
Update, August 28,2009 Large-santa6
Update, August 28,2009 Large-santa8
Update, August 28,2009 Large-santa9
Update, August 28,2009 Large-santa11
Update, August 28,2009 Large-santa10

Alright, now, here is the 18" jolly santa:
Update, August 28,2009 Santa1-1
Update, August 28,2009 Santa4
Update, August 28,2009 Santa3
Update, August 28,2009 Santa5

Hope you like them! Next time, they'll be dressed and ready for some hot chocolate and cookies! Razz

Hugs to all,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 3/9/2009, 21:36

Clapping Clapping Oh my gosh how absolutely cute!! Clapping Clapping Lots of personality on both of them but each as individual as night and day. I think the first one is singing Jingle Bells! Super job Lori!
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-18

http://freewebs.com/psclaus

Back to top Go down

Post  darel 3/9/2009, 22:14

Lori,

They look great. You have done a wonderful job on them.

Hey, our prayers are with you tomorrow with your surgery. On the bright side, you get a week off of work to sculpt.

I can't wait to see the finished Santa's. Keep up the great work.

Darel

darel
Guild Member

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 4/9/2009, 07:01

Awe, thank you, Darel for the prayers. I was fine yesterday about this...now this morning, I'm getting a little nervous. lol I should be leaving in about a 1/2 hour. Just waiting for the hubby to come home from work to pick me up to go. I'm supposed to be there at 10 am, surgery is scheduled at noon. No telling when I'll be home cause anesthesia always knocks me out for the long haul. lol If I can manage to post later today, I'll drop in a line. But knowing me, it might not be until really late depending on how I feel. Rolling Eyes

And, yeah, you are right, I'll have a week off...actually 2 weeks....to sculpt. Since I stand at my job, it will be kind of hard to work like that for the first 2 weeks on crutches. So, I tried to give myself enough time to atleast avoid any swelling. By that time, I may be worried about trying to do weight bearing. So, we'll see. lol

And, thank you Darel and Paula for the wonderful comments. Paula, I have to say, I've been trying to figure out what to do with the pose of his hands, the first one that is, and singing Jingle Bells might just be what he's doing. lol Maybe I can make me a little bell to hold in his hand. Idea Since his fingers are curled around on the one hand, I could easily insert a long stem bell there. I was going to put a walking stick there since my first idea fell through, it was the only thing I could think of. But, a bell might be a bit more interesting. Very Happy

Thank you both very much. wub

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DianeExpress 4/9/2009, 07:20

Lori, you've done an amazing job!! Paula's right. (Of course, when isn't she?) They both have such different personalities! I like that. I'm sure that you've seen out there in the land of Santas that some people do the cookie-cutter look. bag I really enjoy seeing your work!
Let us know how the surgery went. I'm thinking of you, sweetie!
Big hugs...Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 4/9/2009, 14:37

Thanks, Diane!

I appreciate your comment on my santas. I'm glad that they do not appear to be cookie cutter. Very Happy Surgery went well. I've been home about an hour now. If I don't break my neck on these crutches, I'll be doing great. lol I wanted to pop on here though to let you guys know I'm doing alright and will be back here soon to pick on all of you in good time. But, for the moment, I need to go and get some ice on the ole foot and keep it up on the pillow. tongue

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DianeExpress 4/9/2009, 21:12

Lori, can I be nosey? Blush What happened to your foot? flower Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 4/9/2009, 21:21

lol, Diane, you can be nosey. If you look under "general discussion" under topic "the latest news"...you'll see it all there. Very Happy I posted it while you were out of town. Blink Have fun reading what clutz I am. rofl But, it is also related to arthritis too

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 4/9/2009, 22:21

I hope they gave you lots of good drugs walkingcane tease Hyper roll santadizzy roll
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 5/9/2009, 04:14

tongue Yeah, they fixed me up pretty good. No telling what my santas are gonna come out lookin like now. LOL Wink

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DianeExpress 5/9/2009, 08:01

Oh, Lori....I just read what happened! Shocked And you're NOT a clutz! Accidents happen....and you DID save "the family"!! santakinky santakinky santakinky santakinky santakinky santakinky santakinky santakinky santakinky What true heroism!! Just try to be a little more careful with yourself. I had to learn that lesson with falling after 2 concussions and numerous trips to the chiropractor. I suppose I've learned to respect gravity. wtf
Anyway, I'm glad that you have such a patient husband and a couple of weeks off for recoup time. I'm sure that you'll take advantage of the time!
santawave Hugs and hope you're not hurting too much!! walkingcane Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 5/9/2009, 08:37

Well Lori, things have a reason for happening the way they do. Don't think of it as misfortune. Now you have more time to broaden your artistic horizons and that is a good thing! Thinking of you and try to stay off that foot. Huggs sweetie.
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 5/9/2009, 10:27

Very true, I needed a vacation anyway...unfortunately, I had to fix my foot in order to have an excuse to take the time off from work. I hate working in a place that is so short staffed.

Anyway, time to go and crash on the couch.....again.

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down