Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!
Santamakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

August 21, 2009, wips update

3 posters

Go down

August 21, 2009, wips update Empty August 21, 2009, wips update

Post  LMPartdolls 21/8/2009, 14:59

The long awaited updates. Yes, I know...I'm slow. What can I say. walkingcane I've had so many things going on lately that it has been hard to keep up. lol But, things are slowly getting back to normal I think.

Anyway, here is the 32" santa head with his neck and shoulder plate. He is still on his stand I made and in need of painting and bearding and such.

August 21, 2009, wips update 32-santa-head-and-shoulders
August 21, 2009, wips update Santa-head-and-shoulders2
August 21, 2009, wips update Santa-head-and-shoulders3

Here are his hands I'm still working on. I'm in the process of creating the wrinkles and veining. I should be done with those tonight and then I can sculpt his boots and start to assemble his body armature and all that good stuff.

August 21, 2009, wips update 32-santa-hands2
August 21, 2009, wips update 32-santa-hands

The little hands you see in the back ground belong to this 18" santa. He is the next one to be completed. I'll have to finish up his hands and do his boots as well.

August 21, 2009, wips update Santa-head20
August 21, 2009, wips update Santa-head21

Hope you enjoyed the update! Now back to work. whew
Big hugs to all of you, hope all is well in everyone's neck of the woods. Been pretty quiet in here lately. Alone on the board

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

August 21, 2009, wips update Empty Re: August 21, 2009, wips update

Post  regiooaksartist 22/8/2009, 20:58

Excited YEAH LORI!!!!!!!! He is looking so good..no no he is looking so AWESOME!!! You are doing such a fantastic job with him. I LOVE the hands. You have been a busy bee girl!!! Thank you for sharing with us.

Sorry I haven't written much lately....Chaz has the flu and it has been a rough go here for about a week. FINALLY he is feeling better so I hope the worse is OVER!!!!!!!!! I hope that everyone else has kept that bug at bay. I miss ya all tons!!!

Hugs,
Regi

I have been working on my blogpage and one of the bulb'z charaters when he was napping..go take a peek and let me know what you think. Luvs ya girl!!!!

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 23/8/2009, 00:05

Thanks, Regi! Smile I have the hands baked finally. Now I'm 1/2 way done with sculpting the boots. Hopefully tomorrow I can bake them too and then move on to the painting process.

I also finished up the 2nd set of hands for the next 18" santa in the works. It was nice to get that stuff done. Now I'll have to work on his boots too.

Sorry about your little Chaz man being down with the flu. I hope he is feeling better before ya know it. If it isn't one thing, then it is another. That is what happens when the head back to the school, any flu bug out there you can betcha they are gonna catch it and bring it home. *sigh*

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 23/8/2009, 11:27

Isn't it wonderful to get on a roll and get things done when we are working on a sculpt(s). I added the s just for you since you seem to be working on more than one at a time...LOL!!!
I hope you will post some WIP of the boots....I like to see how everyone makes theirs. Give my muse some ideas to sing to me so I can try different ways...of course she always has to turn the ideas a bit so they are ummm different. Chuckle

Thank you about Chaz. He does seem to be feeling better. No fever since yesterday so I'm hoping we are OVER IT!!!!! I'm not feeling to swift now but I think mine is just walkingcane creeping in....LOL!!!!

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 23/8/2009, 21:05

Finally, the boots are finished being sculpted and baked too! Excited They took me an entire day to do. Unfortunately, they had their fair share of problems. They had a few cracks in them here and there. I can't understand why, because I left them in the oven to cool, etc. etc. Shrug At any rate, you can probably see where I had to do some patchwork and rebake to fix the cracks. I had not problems during the 2nd baking. Which was a sigh of relief. Once I slightly sand down the area, and paint it, I don't believe I will have any problems.

Hopefully tomorrow, I can find time to start the painting process. Eventually, it's gonna come time to have to dress all these naked gentlemen running around my work area. Blush

Anyway, hope ya like them.
August 21, 2009, wips update 32-boots3
August 21, 2009, wips update 32-boots2
August 21, 2009, wips update 32-boots1

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  darel 24/8/2009, 07:14

Hey Lori,

Your big Santa is coming along great. I can tell you are putting a lot of time in him. I can't wait to see the finished product.

I can't think of anything more painfull than to spend hours on sculpting something only to see it come out of the oven with cracks, unless it is to see the cracks appear three or four days latter, which polymer clay can do to you some times.

Any way very good work there Lori.

Darel

darel
Guild Member

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 24/8/2009, 07:51

Hi Darel!

Thanks for the compliments. He is definately taking more time than I had anticipated initially. But, hopefully, he will be well worth it in the long run. Once I get his armature completed and put him together, I'll start working on his props.

I swear, if I see cracks come up on those boots a few days from now...I'll scream! hmm rant wallbash pray lol

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 24/8/2009, 09:52

Clapping Fantastic job on the boots girl!!!! I love they way you did them with the buckel on top.
I don't see any probs so I think once you get them painted you won't even notice it either. I'm so Excited to see the finished sculpt. He is going to look so gooooooood!!!!

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 24/8/2009, 10:21

Thanks bunches, Regi. Clapping I do hope I can assemble him the way I have planned. Idea No telling if your idea works until you start to put it together. lol tongue At the moment, I'm trying to finish up the boots for the 18" santa now. Thought I'd get them out of the way first. Then, I can paint the big santa and the little one at the same time. Shrug Figured it would save time and materials if I did it that way.

Hope your having a fantastic day!

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 24/8/2009, 10:40

Cool Awww you are such a cool and smart chick...chick!!!! LOL I think it does help to work on more than one at a time....if they are in the same family. I wouldn't want to work on a Santa and a ghoulie at the same time...OMGOSH..I can only imagine how that would turn out. Ya know...I get very confuzzled...very easily. wacko I know they will turn out just like you want them. Of course we both know that they tell us if they don't agree with the way we are doing it.

I'm finishing up a tiny baby sculpt for a friend and then I'm going to start working on a Halloween Santa. I think I'm going to make him holding a Halloween trinket of some kind...a whirly jiggy thingy.....or a pull string paper puppet...OHHHH Im sure this wacky muse of mine will let me know...LOL!!!!

Have a great day Lori.....hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!!!!!

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down