Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!
Santamakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hill billy carving

+3
LMPartdolls
DianeExpress
darel
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

hill billy carving - Page 2 Empty Re: hill billy carving

Post  regiooaksartist 16/8/2009, 14:55

owwww yes...take before and after pics too for us. This is exciting!!!!

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 16/8/2009, 15:32

When ever you get around to it, I can have one ready in a few days. You don't necessarily have to make one. If you have one laying around that your not gonna work on is ok too. I have several heads that are laying in a box that are ready to be armaturized. I'll Pm you my addy. K?
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-18

http://freewebs.com/psclaus

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 16/8/2009, 15:43

If we had more active posters we could do a santa swap, nothing big, it would be nice to get a feel of how every one works with their clay and armatures. We were always doing swaps in Ooak guild, but sometimes a few people wouldn't follow through. It was a bunch of fun.
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  btinsley785 6/9/2009, 19:10

Darel, that hillbilly is great. I've seen a lot of carved hillbillies but never one with a peg leg. For future reference, however, I have two words for you: super glue. I've used it extensively on my lovespoons and when I get a bit rambunctious with my Santas. I'm working on a limited edition set of 5 miniature Santas now. I've finished the first 5 figures, and I broke at least one hand off of each one. Nice thing about super glue is that it strengthens the wood it's applied to. So if you're working on a thin piece, like a staff, you can soak it in super glue making it much less likely to break. The carver's secret weapon.

Bob
btinsley785
btinsley785
Guild Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 6/9/2009, 19:35

ha ha super glue holds the world together, that and silver duc tape.
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  darel 6/9/2009, 22:27

Bob,

Thank you so much for the compliment. I have seen your web page, so any compliment coming from you is well apricicated.
I never thought of super glue. It sure makes alot of sinse. Right now I am spending my time on clay, but I hope to spend more time in the future working with wood. It is a lot of fun.

And yes Paula, NEVER under estimate the uses of silver duct tape!!!!!

Thanks

Darel

darel
Guild Member

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2