Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!
Santamakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot off the press!

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hot off the press! Empty Hot off the press!

Post  LMPartdolls 16/7/2009, 19:18

Excited I just finished this one up yesterday. I hope you guys like her! I've named her Edelweiss. She is one of my smallest ones so far. I don't think I could make it any smaller...they don't make a strong enough magnifier for me. rofl

Hot off the press! Edelweiss4

Hot off the press! Edelweiss15

Take care,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Hot off the press! Empty Re: Hot off the press!

Post  DianeExpress 16/7/2009, 19:36

Lori,
She's exquisite and enchanting. Just beautiful. You've got quite a talent! Are you planning on selling her and how/where?
Hugs to you, Lori!
Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 16/7/2009, 20:08

Hi Diane!

Thanks for such a nice compliment. Blush I have been tossing up the idea of sticking her on Ebay this coming Sunday, but I haven't decided just yet. I did just added her to my website...but doubtful she'll sell there. lol

I'm considering on doing a craft show in November and December at Lakeridge Winery in Clermont, FL. So, if I do...she'll be nice to add to my booth. If she doesn't sell on Ebay (if I list her) then it's no biggie really. But, if she does, then I'll use the funds to put toward my fees for the November show. Very Happy

The winery website is http://www.lakeridgewinery.com/ . It is a pretty neat place I think. And, hopefully, the more wine people drink, the more spirited they are to spend their money! Excited Bottoms up! rofl

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  darel 16/7/2009, 20:30

Lori, you did an outstanding job. I love the wings the outfit and the way she is simply gliding over the top of the mushrooms. The base has just as much detail as the figure. Great job.

Darel

darel
Guild Member

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 17/7/2009, 08:32

What a cutie Lori! I have no knack for making small fae, so I get jealous when I see a piece this small. Can't get the proportions right.I think my left brainyness tries to take over. You have the color combinations down pat. Don't be too disappointed if you ebay her and she doesn't sell. For some reason, buyers aren't bidding on fae right now. I'm holding all my pieces until around November then I am going to Ebay them and hope for the best. Great job on this little one! Paula
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-18

http://freewebs.com/psclaus

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 17/7/2009, 09:01

Thanks Paula and Darel.

Yeah, she is my smallest one to date. Well, sort of, but her face and delicate features are definately smaller than my last smallest one, "Tilly". lol If that makes any sense at all. I appreciate all the comments. Wink

Paula, I feel the same way about the tiny fae. So many talented artist on Ebay now just whip these things out like nothing, and each one are just as beautiful as their last one. Shocked I have always been jealous over those that can make those beautiful, tiny fae so I thought I'd give it a try for myself. It takes me forever to get one done, lol. Of course, that can be contributed to just time allowance being able to only work a little here and there and being mostly on the go. huh Speaking of Ebay, I've noticed a big decline in things selling on there lately. I've listed a few dolls with no luck at all. So, believe me, I'll not be upset if she doesn't sell. Besides, I don't want to just give her away either. So, I'd rather hold on to her until the right buyer comes along. So, I'll have a reasonable starting bid price up, something that I'll take no less than, and if she sells...then so be it. Shrug And, if not...I'll be ok with that too.

Anyway, thanks for taking a peek!

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 17/7/2009, 19:47

Takes me forever to do any thing ha ha. I finally got the pants done for my lifesize, after ripping it apart half dozen times. Oh and they ARE functional! Gonna start on the shirt tomorrow.
I have so many ideas on doing sculpted pieces that I keep them in a spiral notebook, but sometimes the muse goes comatose and is off in a world of her own. Half to kick her in the butt to wake her up. Sleep
I see so many drop dead georgeous pieces circulating on ebay. Sad that I don't see any Santa pieces. I collect Santas all year round, I'm obcessed by them, but I look for the odd and quirky now. Getting kinda burnt out by red ones. So this life size is kinda special to me, so I will probably go into costumers overload with it.
Just find your market, and once your reputation gets started, they will be pounding your doors down for commissions!
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 17/7/2009, 22:55

rofl Fear I'm not sure the creative muse could keep up if they are pounding my doors down! I WILL have to kick her in the butt if that is the case. LOLOLOL! I'll have to pump her veins full of drinkcoffee to keep her going.

Take some pics of the pants would ya...I want to get a load of those puppies with the flap opened! Shocked rofl...that came out all wrong I think. But you know what I mean....functionality is what I'm looking for. lol What kind of shirt are you making? I just can't wait to see your life-size santa completed. He is gonna be soooo neat!

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 21/7/2009, 10:21

Excited Yeah....finally I found her. Geez Louise I really do feel like a dummy...LOL!!! I will get all this down pat one of these days...hopefully before my sometimers goes full blown and I forget what I was looking for to begin with. Blush

Lori...she is fantastic. You did a great job on her. Detailing is great. I LOVE the base. WOW....she does look like she is gliding across for a soft landing.

Paula...looking forward to seeing the life size Santa.....I want to make one so bad. I've already started combing flea markets and antique shops for a coat that I can embroider for him. This is a wonderful forum...so happy I finely found it. Embarassed

Hugs to all,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 22/7/2009, 08:26

Yea Regi! Where did you find her, hiding in the coffee pot? lol ,,,, I hope you get to work on that life-size, it's like making a surrogate man, the man of your dreams so to speak. You get to make him any way you want! I made mine neutered. Muahahahaha Woot Woot Woot
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 22/7/2009, 08:33

thumbup That's the way to go girl...ROFL!!!!!!! Ya'll just crack me up in here. Now I Know I need to make me a life size MAN drool and make him just like I want him....jolly....twinkling blue eyes....shining bald head on top....OMGOSH...wait...that sounds just like my hubby!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DianeExpress 22/7/2009, 11:25

You guys are a riot! teehee Thanks for the laughs!
Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 22/7/2009, 15:07

LOL Paula. And you guys wonder why I work in a vets office! Woot Shocked rofl

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 22/7/2009, 16:27

ok Lori..I need some dummy guidance here...LOL How did you post your photo here...I wanted to show ya'll some wip photos of my latest sculpt I'm wokring on and can't figure out how to get it in this post. tease

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 22/7/2009, 16:41

Regi thats easy, first you will need a photo hosting site, like photo bucket or image cave. You upload your photos to this service. The service will convert your pics to useable computer images. I use image cave. Most hosting sites use EZ code for use in message forums such as santa makers. All you do is copy the EZ code and paste it to your forum message. Then just preview it to make sure its what you want. Then send it. Maybe this will help explain it.
http://imagecave.com/help/tutorials.aspx
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 23/7/2009, 09:26

Excited Ohhh thank you thank you thank you....I will go and try this out....hopefully I can figure it out...if not...THEN I'LL BE BACK!!!!! owwwww...I've always wanted to say that Clapping

I LOVE your blog site too Ms. claysquisher...LOL I'm a admire follower now!!!!! Hugs, Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 23/7/2009, 12:36

Well, it seems Paula beat me to the punch here! hehe I couldn't have given a better lesson. Very Happy

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 23/7/2009, 18:14

Sorry Lori, didn't mean to stomp on any tootsies.
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 23/7/2009, 19:08

lol are you kidding? Great advise in my opinion. Very Happy I couldn't have said it any better than you did. In fact, I would have left something out I'm sure as I'm not that computer literate really. I just fumble around and find things, and it drives my husband to having ulcers. LOL poor fella

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 3/8/2009, 08:49

Well, I decided to list her on Ebay last night. We'll see what happens. If she sells, then I'll use the money for the fees for the November event, and if she doesn't then, I'll put her on the table at the November event. Win-win situation no matter what! tongue

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120455058557&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 3/8/2009, 10:19

BOL Regi, I really hope she sells. If I had the money I would bid on her! May the bidding fairy Bop you on the head! huggs
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 3/8/2009, 16:02

Awe, thank you, Paula. So sweet of you. We'll see what happens. Smile Even is she doesn't sell, it's fun to watch the auctions run. lol

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DianeExpress 3/8/2009, 16:37

Lori, I toolbar-ed your ebay. I'll be watching, too! I love those bidding wars!!!!!!! Clapping Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 3/8/2009, 17:10

hehe Very Happy Thanks, Diane. It would be nice if it were a war...but....I highly doubt it. Cool Popcorn

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 3/8/2009, 19:52

ohhhh Lori...I know she will do good and if not then it was meant for you to take her to the show...LOL!!!!! She is so pretty and I so LOVE the base. You are so talented girl!!!!

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum