Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!
Santamakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings from Florida!

4 posters

Go down

Greetings from Florida! Empty Greetings from Florida!

Post  LMPartdolls 3/7/2009, 22:30

Just poking my head in to say howdy! We may not get snow here in my neck of the woods, but the Christmas spirit still rings loud and clear. Excited

I've only been sculpting for just about a couple years now and have only had the opportunity to sculpt a couple Santas so far. My 2nd santa received an honorable mention award from Jack Johnsons 2008 Santa contest at www.artdolls.com. I'm very proud of that, especially since it was only my 2nd Santa. I am currently working on some ornament pieces and a Santa doll atm.

It was by luck I found your forums the other day after I registered at www.ooakguild.com and I am very glad that I did. Like most others here I'm sure, Santa is near and dear to my heart. Just want to say a big thank you for taking the time to create such a wonderful place for us santamakers. Clapping

You can see samples of my work at www.lmpartdolls.com . Hopefully, in the near future I'll be adding more Santas.

Lori Platt

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Florida! Empty Re: Greetings from Florida!

Post  DianeExpress 7/7/2009, 16:39

Hi Lori!
So nice to have you join us! I went to your site and love your work. Very Happy That's impressive about having Jack like your Santa. That's a big deal. Clapping Hope to see some more posts from you when you can!
Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 7/7/2009, 16:50

Hi Diane,

Thank you for the nice compliment on my work and too for visiting my site. Yes, I was shocked that my santa made it in the pick of the litter last year. rofl Especially since he was only my 2nd santa. I don't know yet if I'll attempt to enter again this year. I will have to see how things are going by that time. I already have 2 of the cd's on "how to make santa" from Jack...which I think I cleverly bestowed one on my mother last year. hehe

At any rate, thanks for the warm welcome. I'm sure I'll see you around on the board here.

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 8/7/2009, 10:07

Lori....you're work is wonderful. So much talent for one just starting out. Congratulations Clapping on the award from Jack Johnson...what an honor. I hope to see more of your work. Hugs, Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 8/7/2009, 12:56

happydance Awe, shucks, Regi, thanks so very much! Very kind of you to say that. And thank you for taking a peek at my closet of stuff. hehe

Bunches of hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 8/7/2009, 13:02

I hope you let us know when you have new sculpts..I love seeing other artist and how they interpret the magic. stars Hugs, Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 8/7/2009, 13:34

I'm currently working on a little fairy at the moment. Hopefully, she'll be done in the next couple of days. I also have another fairy that I've started as well. If my plan goes accordingly, she is supposed to be trapped inside of a cage. And, along side of that, I have a Santa that I'm in the midst of as well. Going in circles Not to mention the countless santa ornaments in the works too. rofl Going in circles Nothing like burning he candle at both ends! No wonder I feel like this -----> tease <---- from time to time. lol

Hugs back at ya,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 8/7/2009, 14:13

Lori....you make me rofl girl. I thought we were suppose to always feel like that...LOL!!! I'm so excited to see your faeries. I did a captured faery...she is in a gold cage...I only have her there because she broke her tiny wing in the garden. I wouldn't want anyone to think that I would ever harm a faery. Wink I don't usually work on more than one sculpt at a time...with my imagination I can just see me combining them all together.
What an OOAKS that would be.... teehee I just finished up one of my Old Folkes...the Bird Lady. Maybe soon I can post some photos in the gallery.

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Elves 10/7/2009, 01:41

Welcome Lori! welcomebanner

Great work! I agree with Regi, what an honor to have Jack recognize your work! I'm looking forward to getting to know you! I'm just doing a forum drive by right now. It will still be a few weeks until I'm back here on a regular basis. I did manage to get you added as a guild member to the forum along with Regi. Sorry you had to wait until I returned! I'll try to keep an eye out so when you two register to the Gallery so I can make sure to give you permission to upload photos. You can also list items for sell in the Guild Shop section.

I'll be out of town after next Tuesday and won't be able to add anyone until I return in two weeks. But, if you sign up before I leave I'll make sure you are added as a Guild member in the Gallery before I leave!

Welcome to Santamakers! -- Patty Smile
Mountain Elves
Mountain Elves
Admin

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://mountainelves.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 10/7/2009, 08:06

Thank you very much, Patty! Excited It's very nice to meet you and to be here with so many wonderful ppl who are like-minded and extremely talented! I'll look at those groups right away so you can take care of whatever you need to do before heading out of town. Heading out on vacation? Hope you have a great time. Smile

Many hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum