Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!
Santamakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selling on Ebay

4 posters

Go down

Selling on Ebay Empty Selling on Ebay

Post  MagicElf 12/1/2010, 17:21

I have a question about selling Santas on Ebay. I tried selling 2 of my Santas before Christmas and neither one sold, even though I thought the price was competitive. I relisted them three times with no results. I guess my question is this; Is there a way to get your Santas noticed more, or a secret to selling them online? I would really like to explore this option for selling them, but I am a little disheartened. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

MagicElf
Guild Member

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-01-11

Back to top Go down

Selling on Ebay Empty Re: Selling on Ebay

Post  psclaus 12/1/2010, 21:01

Magic, don't give up hope, The economy is kinda weird right now, the fairies you may see on ebay have a very devoted following from some major collectors. I'm still going through the same thing. The one thing I can suggest, is to get your name and your photographs of your work into every forum you can think of. The more exposure the better. Thats what I am trying to do now. I kinda gave up on Ebay, their prices being so expensive, plus I had a rather unpleasant experience with PayPal. Ebay owns PayPal. Google is better. Also check around locally to see if you can set up for consignment or just a display in a crafty store. Also try Craigslist, its free to list. Then there is Etsy and Fuzz B and place your photos in Facebook. Just don't give up. Huggs Paula
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-18

http://freewebs.com/psclaus

Back to top Go down

Selling on Ebay Empty Selling on Ebay

Post  MagicElf 13/1/2010, 14:48

Thanks, Paula. I have listed on Craigslist before, but it has been a while. Maybe I will try again. Thanks for the advice. I haven't been on Etsy or Fuzz B, but I will look at them.

MagicElf
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 13/1/2010, 21:40

Etsy has very minimal fees. In fact, you get a type of store for yourself. You can list however many items you wish. Each item you can list for about 0.20 cents and put up I think 5 pics of each item. Each item you list will sit in your store for about 3-4 months time length. It doesn't cost anything to open up your little store. If you sell an item, I think there is a very small percentage taken for the sell, I am not sure of the fine line...you'll have to read that part. One of the nice things about it is that the items listed on Etsy are all hand crafted items, or items of similar nature used to create the crafts. Like mohair roving, etc. So, it's not a commercialized vehicle for someone selling bulk items. People go to Etsy looking for hand crafted items. So it is worth checking into this venue. I know some artist who have sold from Etsy. I have yet to sell anything there myself. But, it is my own fault too since I have only listed mine for a one time duration. I need to relist and update my material since a few months ago. Check it out...I think you will like it.

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Selling on Ebay Empty Thanks!

Post  MagicElf 14/1/2010, 17:31

Okay! I'll go there and check it out. Thank you for taking the time to suggest an alternative to Ebay. I'll let you know how it turns out.
God Bless,
Kathy

MagicElf
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Elves 26/2/2010, 20:34

Definatly put your Santa's on Facebook and now we have a Santamakers page on FB. That should make it easier for everyone to hook up. Don't forget you can sell your Santa's right here too! We had one sale from here that I know of because I got an email thanking me for making it easy for them to find a santamaker. I know who the seller is too, but I figure they should be the one announcing it, not me.
Mountain Elves
Mountain Elves
Admin

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://mountainelves.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down