Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!
Santamakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Armatures

2 posters

Go down

Armatures Empty Armatures

Post  psclaus 4/12/2009, 19:52

I have been wanting to do a quickie type armature that I use alot, mainly because its simple and very sturdy. All the information is printed on the photograph, seemed the easiest to do. If there is any thing you don't understand just ask. Oh something I forgot to mention on the photograph, Use white floral tape or you can use small strips of masking tape. Don't use green floral tape, it will eventually bleed through the wrappings. It's ok to copy it to your files. I will show how to cover it next. Paula

Armatures Wip_ynhaara_01instruction
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-18

http://freewebs.com/psclaus

Back to top Go down

Armatures Empty Armature wrapping

Post  psclaus 4/12/2009, 20:24

This is the above armature wrapped. Normaly, I use warm and natural to wrap an armature, but you can use split quilt batting. You can fill in areas such as the crotch and belly area with small medium and large pom poms, or use fiber fill. These are about 1/4 inch strips. They need to be glued on the tips before wrapping and when you get to the end of the strip. I also put in a link to oddfae on utube so you can watch how she does it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNS_ayZYesI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjIqawBaBV0&feature=channel

Armatures Wip_ynhaara_03
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-18

http://freewebs.com/psclaus

Back to top Go down

Armatures Empty Re: Armatures

Post  LMPartdolls 5/12/2009, 10:26

Hiya Paula,

That is exactly the type of armature I use most of the time if I'm making a posable doll. I learned my armature techniques from Wendy Froud's video. Oddfae did a nice job on the one above. (or is that one of yours?) Anyway, I also use quilting batting to wrap my armatures too. Like you, I prefer the "warm and natural" brand, especially in my quilting projects. Armatures 699332 But, I have had some stuff left over that I bought from Walmart a long time ago that I've been trying to use up lately so I can get rid of it. After I wrap the wire, I make the "skin suite" and put it on the body, and stuff polyfil in to places I want to build out and sculpt, like butt and jelly belly. LOL

Anyway, I also have used Jack Johnston's armatures too, but to tell you, I really hate the metal cap band thing he uses at the top of it to hold all the arm and leg wires together. I tried to use one of his armatures for the 10" santa I'm working on thinking I could save some time for me.....but, alas, the metal cap is in the way of the neck. Armatures 55295 So, instead, I've wasted money. I hate when that happens.

Thanks for sharing the pic...it's super!

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Armatures Empty Re: Armatures

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: