Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!
Santamakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring Fairy Commission piece

3 posters

Go down

Spring Fairy Commission piece Empty Spring Fairy Commission piece

Post  LMPartdolls 18/11/2009, 16:38

I'm not sure I mentioned it, but I have had this commission piece lingering in the corners of my work space for the last few weeks trying to get finished in between all sorts of other stuff. Once I finished the witch, I finally sat down and got this piece finished. I really do not think the pictures do her justice as she really looks much better in person I think. Spring Fairy Commission piece 805951

At any rate, I sent the client the pictures just a bit ago and I'm sitting on the edge of my seat now hoping she likes her. She gave me full reign in the creative realm to do as I pleased and she "trusted my judgement". So, I hope she is satisfied with "my judgement". LOL Spring Fairy Commission piece 110414 I named her "Kiele" which is a Hawaiian name meaning "fragrant blossom". She reminded me of blossoms in the spring...thus her name.

Anyway, now that she is finished, I can get to the 10" santa that is also a commission piece. Spring Fairy Commission piece 577757 No rest for the wicked I suppose. Spring Fairy Commission piece 756942

Enjoy!
Lori

Spring Fairy Commission piece Kiele4

Spring Fairy Commission piece Kiele1

Spring Fairy Commission piece Kiele2

Spring Fairy Commission piece Kiele3

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Spring Fairy Commission piece Empty Re: Spring Fairy Commission piece

Post  darel 18/11/2009, 19:11

Lori,

Kiele is beautiful! I love the faces that you create. How did you create the wings and what are they made of?
You continue to do beautiful work. keep it up.

Darel

darel
Guild Member

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 18/11/2009, 21:18

Thank you, Darel, that was very kind of you. Such a lovely compliment. Spring Fairy Commission piece 784863

Let me see, the wings are made out of organza fabric. It is very sheer. I take 2 layers of that and iron a layer of fusible fabric in between, giving it a more rigid feel. I cut out the shape of my wings from a created template so that each wing is matching. Then, I cut wires and machine stitch the wires to the organza. Once I do this, I glued tiny microbeads along the stitching. Once this was dry, I then took a micron pen (kind of like a graphics pen) and drew in the lines that created the "veining" in the inner wings. Afterwards, I gave both sides of the wings a good coating of gallery glass.

Sounds like a lot of work, but I seem to like these wings much more than the fantasy film wings that seem to be popular at the moment. I can't seem to get the hang of gluing the wire down to the fantasy film without creating such a mess. Spring Fairy Commission piece 805951 I'm not talented at everything apparently. LOL

Hope this helps,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 18/11/2009, 21:24

Yum Nice! Those colors are my favorites and once again a very pretty face. Great job, I'm sure ure customer is going to love her. Huggs
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-18

http://freewebs.com/psclaus

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 19/11/2009, 11:50

Thanks a bunch, Paula. I'm pleased with her. The customer is not very computer savy so she is having trouble trying to figure out how to open up the attachments of the pics in her email. LOL Sounds like something I would do too. :-)

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down