Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!
Santamakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION, FRIENDS!

4 posters

Go down

THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION, FRIENDS! Empty THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION, FRIENDS!

Post  DianeExpress 27/7/2009, 20:09

Oh, my! I just can't stand it anymore! Seeing all the work you're doing and not working on anything myself. Well, I have a head that I did several years ago (my last one before physical problems made me quit). I didn't like the mohair that I used, so I tore it off and it's been languishing since then. I dug him out of the cupboard tonight...thanks to the inspiration found here... and Justin (my grandson-angel), begged me to turn it into a Santa. And so I shall! Thought I'd post his pictures here so that if I don't get him done, y'all might give me a verbal kick in the pants. Thanks for being friends!
Hugs and here goes!!!! Diane
THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION, FRIENDS! Big_sa11
THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION, FRIENDS! Big_sa10

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION, FRIENDS! Empty Re: THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION, FRIENDS!

Post  LMPartdolls 27/7/2009, 20:22

Oh my GOOOOODNESS! Diane, for shame of keeping him in the closet with all the skeletons for so long! Bring that jolly man out and let's have a cocoa and cookie party! happydance stars

That is one gorgeous head! Question I'm dumbfounded you put him away. And his ears.....wow..the detail is realism at it's best! Diane, if you don't finish him up....I'm gonna have to come and find you! tapfoot He is gonna be one handsome fella when he is finished. No doubt about that!

Hugs,
Lori

ps.....glad you were inspired, isn't that the whole point in these forums? naughty

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION, FRIENDS! Empty Re: THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION, FRIENDS!

Post  DianeExpress 27/7/2009, 20:42

Lori, Thank you very much. Honestly I got a little chocked up at what you wrote. And I promise, he will be a Santa. I have an idea for him already. The head is 5" which means he'll be pretty big when he's done. Never did a big one before, but I'm getting pretty excited about the idea of working on him. I might even have him done by Christmas...this year!!!! Embarassed Since all this TAKES ME SO LONG I'll post the next step in his development, ok? (I might do the body before his hair.... Question )
Thanks again, Sweetie. Big hugs....Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 27/7/2009, 20:55

Awe, shucks, Diane, you shouldn't say such things when I'm this dog tired. I am liable to cry or something. Crying Very Happy Don't worry, they'll be tears of joy cause I'm happy for you!

You work on him however you see fit! And, I don't care if he doesn't get done until Christmas, as long as he gets done and we can open the package before christmas morning. lol *do not open til christmas* comes to mind here. lol

Anyway, I'll be happy to see your next WIP. He sounds like he'll be roughly the same size as my big guy. It will be neat to see them up next to each other. Smile

Big Fat Hugs to You, Diane
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  darel 27/7/2009, 22:02

Diane,

That is one outstanding face. I agree with Lori, it is a shame that he has been locked up for so long.
He is going to make and outstanding Santa.
Can't wait to see him progress.

Darel

darel
Guild Member

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 27/7/2009, 22:23

Omg I can't believe you put that wonderful face away, all because of some mohair? Girl you get back to work on him! I just had this really cool idea, we need to do a head swap. Don't like it? then send it to some one else and the in turn they can send one to you. I'm having a deviation. lol We need to get these UfO's finished!
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-18

http://freewebs.com/psclaus

Back to top Go down

Post  DianeExpress 28/7/2009, 07:40

Oh all you wonderful people, you! Embarassed
Thank you very much (!!!) for those nice emails! I do have to tell you
that the reason I put him aside was because of back and neck problems
(me, not Santa!! hmm
) and then last year I was dealing with partial blindness in my right
eye. I truly am better now and ready to take on the challenge! Rolling Eyes
I haven't touched Santa-ing since early '04 and it's been a huge
frustration. I can't work the long hours like I used to, but I hope
that gets better, too.
Anyway, Lori, Darel, and Paula....thanks again and with support from you all how can I miss?
Big hugs all around! Smile Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 28/7/2009, 12:17

hehe...UFO'S! Never quite thought of those projects laying around like that. I have so many of them laying about, that I think the hubby thinks I am MIA or have gone AWOL on the projects. LOLOLOL rofl

Diane, take your time and finish up your Santa at a relaxing pace. Don't rush throught it. Just take the time and savor the moment for what it is. Enjoy the process of making him complete. And, when you are done.....we will be here to cheer you on! puppykisses

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DianeExpress 28/7/2009, 12:30

Thanks, Lori. Will do. angel

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 28/7/2009, 12:53

Lol, in quilting, a UFO is known as an UnFinishedObject. Gosh I have so many of them. Seemed appropriate to call our sculpted pieces the same thing. Yeah I know about the disembodied head thingie. Suckers stare you down when you work on something else. Its creepie alright. Most times I throw a towel over them.
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-18

http://freewebs.com/psclaus

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 28/7/2009, 13:14

rofl ROFL, Paula, that is just too funny! They do stare ya down though don't they. Fear

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum