Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!
Santamakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light at the end of the tunnel - Yea!

+2
LMPartdolls
Mountain Elves
6 posters

Go down

Light at the end of the tunnel - Yea! Empty Light at the end of the tunnel - Yea!

Post  Mountain Elves 10/7/2009, 02:19

I had a few minutes and thought I had better do a drive by! Sorry this is taking so long! The auction is over and what a nightmare it was. Fear

The Auctioneers took what should have been a two day auction and turned it into a one day auction. After 8pm everyone started leaving, by the end of the auction spool beds were selling for $3. Crying The house didn't sell. The highest bid was 75 thousand for a four story house & 3 1/2 acres. Thank goodness we had a reserve. I've been swamped with paperwork and me and my sister are still trying to sell the house. I'm driving my sister back to Louisiana next Tuesday or Wed. and we still have a lot to do before then. As soon as I return, my life should be getting back to normal (at least somewhat).

It looks like I have much catching up to do!! It's good to see some new members! Welcome!!! hibye
It's also good to see a little movement going on around here, it's about time!! Laughing Believe it or not, my brain is still working on some ideas for Santamakers. I'll run a few ideas by everyone when I know I'm going to be back here for good after I get my sister back home to Louisiana.

I'll start where I left off by making more Santamakers headers for the website so everyone will have a photo of one of their Santas featured in a header and hopefully I'll remember what I was doing and planning before all this started! It should be interesting since I can't even remember what I had for dinner last night. bag It doesn't feel like three months has past already. We have been working so hard, time has really flown by! I've been trying to catch up on posts and Oh! Yes! Lori mentioned making a badge or Guild Icon to place on websites. Great idea! Woot Wow. I'm just not that good at coming up with some sort of badge. Can anyone make a badge? We have a banner that anyone can place on their site but we really don't have a Santamakers badge. I can try to make one but I'm not that good at logos. Hmmm... What if we asked for submissions? Any ideas?

Thanks again to Paula, Jill and everyone that has been holding down the fort! admire I miss being here and I can't wait to get things moving again!

Patty
Mountain Elves
Mountain Elves
Admin

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://mountainelves.com

Back to top Go down

Light at the end of the tunnel - Yea! Empty Re: Light at the end of the tunnel - Yea!

Post  LMPartdolls 10/7/2009, 08:17

Patty, I'm not sure if I'm correct on this, but as I remember reading some place, I think you are going through a pretty rough time with a recent death in the family. Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I could be with senility setting in at 40 y/o. bag If that is the case, please, please don't rush yourself and take the time you need to put things straight for yourself, not just for all of those around you that are also going through it with you. So often, in such scenarios, the strong ones end up putting themselves last; not taking the time THEY need to heal too. Take some mental and physical time for yourself to rebuild. admire flower Healing will take time, as do all the affairs that affect the heart. I can tell you, that we will all be here when you get back. ninjahide We just might be lurking in the corners though. I'm just kidding. Take your time.

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Light at the end of the tunnel - Yea! Empty Re: Light at the end of the tunnel - Yea!

Post  LMPartdolls 10/7/2009, 08:19

Speaking of badges, there is a little icon at the bottom of the forums page with a Santa and some kids I think. Why not use that one for the forum badge? It's really about the right size and it looks nice too! Shrug

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Light at the end of the tunnel - Yea! Empty PLEASE HELP!!

Post  DianeExpress 10/7/2009, 22:23

Dear Patty......HELP!!!!
Before we get into that I want to tell you that I'm sorry about your
mother and what you're having to deal with. I hope that you'll try and
take care of yourself, although we all know how that can go the way of
good intentions. All the work that you've done on this site is
fabulous and we all appreciate it so much.
Now...back to the HELP!! Fear
Am I registered the way I need to be in all areas? I can't figure out
how to do an album. Having one might even force me to make another
Santa....finally!!!!!
I know that you're so busy, but if you could tell me what to do I'd appreciate it.
Thanks so much in advance...and heartfelt hugs!
Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 10/7/2009, 22:47

Diane go to chat
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-18

http://freewebs.com/psclaus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Elves 11/7/2009, 06:55

DianeExpress wrote:Dear Patty......HELP!!!!
Before we get into that I want to tell you that I'm sorry about your
mother and what you're having to deal with. I hope that you'll try and
take care of yourself, although we all know how that can go the way of
good intentions. All the work that you've done on this site is
fabulous and we all appreciate it so much.
Now...back to the HELP!! Fear
Am I registered the way I need to be in all areas? I can't figure out
how to do an album. Having one might even force me to make another
Santa....finally!!!!!
I know that you're so busy, but if you could tell me what to do I'd appreciate it.
Thanks so much in advance...and heartfelt hugs!
Diane

Diane, first.. Awwwwwww. Thanks. admire
Now back to HELP! Laughing

I hope Paula was able to help you. I checked the Gallery. You are registered correctly and a Guild Member so you should have full access. Here is some additional help information & How To's >> https://santamakers.forummotion.com/photo-gallery-support-f6/photo-gallery-how-to-s-features-t6.htm

Let us know if you still need help!

Patty
Mountain Elves
Mountain Elves
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DianeExpress 11/7/2009, 17:38

Patty,
You're welcome and thank you and, well...everything! Clapping I clicked on the llink and I still can't past where I'm to click on "upload file". WHERE IS THAT? I'VE LOOKED EVERYWHERE! Crying
Diane Question

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DianeExpress 11/7/2009, 17:41

Paula, I just noticed your post to me, too. Thank you! But I can't even find "chat". (I found "live chat"....??????) Going in circles
Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 11/7/2009, 20:40

home page, very bottom on the left says chat box just click and log in.
Don't know if patty has you registered with the gallery yet, but just in case she does, heres the protocol.
Go to home page and click gallery
the first thing you have to do is make some albums to put your work in
just above the welcome u will see three small boxes, you want to click create/order my albums
you should now be in the Album Manager
You should see a empty box with an up and down set of arrows and a delete and new grey shaded box underneath
click new, ablue banner will appear in the box and the words new album will appear under the grey shaded area, left click and erase the words new album below and insert your own text
click apply modification
Do this each time you want to add a new album
Hopefully this will work if patty has added you.
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 11/7/2009, 21:09

To upload a file
Click on Gallery you will go to the welcome page again
Directly under the big Santa Maker banner, you should see...
Home My Gallery Members FAQ Upload File Logout

Click up load file. The rest of it is self explanitory. Just make sure when you upload that you file does not exceed 1024 KB or the upload will fail and you'll have to start all over again then just click continue and place you file in the album you just made.
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Elves 11/7/2009, 22:10

Diane is a Guild member with full access. We just need to help her figure it out. Smile

I just increased the file size upload to 2048MB for Guild Members.
Santamaker members that are not yet Guild members are still set at 1024 MB. (these are members that have less than 10 posts to the forum or have more than 10 posts and have never requested to be promoted to Guild Member yet). Santamakers alumni do not require 10 posts to become a Guild member.

We'll see how this goes. If setting the file size to a larger limit bogs down the Gallery then I'll change it back to 1024.

We have a 10GB overall limit to the Gallery database but I don't think the photo size adds to the database. I'm just not sure. Maybe Lori can ask her computer tech hubby. whistle
Mountain Elves
Mountain Elves
Admin

Back to top Go down

Light at the end of the tunnel - Yea! Empty Thank You!

Post  DianeExpress 12/7/2009, 10:38

Dear Patty and Paula...
I did it! Excited My computer wouldn't let me save any log-ins (thought we fixed that) and as a "non-member" I couldn't create an album. Once I realized that I followed your directions with no trouble. Clapping Now all I have to do is finish a Santa! Very Happy
Big hugs....Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Light at the end of the tunnel - Yea! Empty Where do you live?

Post  DianeExpress 12/7/2009, 10:44

One more thing..... Patty where in WV do you live? Question I'm a neighbor here in Virginia. Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 13/7/2009, 08:55

WOW....what wonderful info on the albums....thank you thank you!!!!! (sorry I'm a bit slow at times responding..LOL)

Patty...this is a wonderful site and we need you but we need you to have the time that you so deserve after everything you have been thru. From what I have seen you have some wonderful friends that have stepped up and helped out with this great site......aren't artist just the most loving folks wub .

Be safe on your trip and our pray and thoughts are with you every step of the way.

Hugs,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post  jill ball 13/7/2009, 13:23

Hi All,
Patty it's so good to see you posting again, wow what a time you've had, it's great to see all the new posts, anything to perk me up during this incredible HOT summer, this has been unreal, 105 with high humidity isn't my idea of fun Mad
Jill B

jill ball
Guild Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 13/7/2009, 13:35

Jill are you in Texas? Thats what weve been getting just about every day. I'm dying here in Texas. The heat and humidy have not been this bad in a looooong time. tumbleweed
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Elves 13/7/2009, 22:44

Diane, I'm near Fairmont WV which is about 20 miles from Morgantown.

Jill, good to see you here! I'm really looking forward to participating again when all this is over!! Paula & Jill you are both from Texas? Looks like I'm heading right toward the heat and humidity. Fear

It's 60 degrees here right now. tongue

Regi you are right, the artists here are the greatest group of people that I have ever met and thanks to everyone for the support! wub

It looks like we are not getting out of here until Thursday morning. Every time I think we will be ready to leave, something else pops up and delays us. It's going to be a fun trip but truthfully all I want to do is to get back home and sleep for a week!
Mountain Elves
Mountain Elves
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 14/7/2009, 08:35

Crying Ohhhh I would like to see 60 degree weather here and NOW!!!!! LOL The temps aren't the bad part here, it's the dang ole humidity. I wonder if we could all take a vote and more fall forward a bit Hyper

Patty....don't ya know that you can never catch up on lost sleep....but it sure is fun trying!!!! I hope that you do have a great wonderful FUN trip and get home safe and sound to TRY and catch up on those Sleep .

Big hugs and wub ,
Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Light at the end of the tunnel - Yea! Empty IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL!

Post  DianeExpress 14/7/2009, 09:17

Patty,
This is too funny. My husband, Greg, was born at Fairmont Hospital, room #414. (He's got a great memory but, hey. He saw it on his birth certificate.) That was a few years ago Wink and he believes that particular hospital has been torn down. BUT! Occasionally he goes past there on trips and said that if we want to say howdy, he'd take me along. Someday? I'd really like to meet you!!!!!!!!!!
On top of that, I went to WVU. Let's see.....Greg was born in Fairmont, he spent summers in Morgantown, I went to WVU and could almost see his Aunt and Uncle's house from the dorm....... and we met in Mississippi. Shrug Knew each other 9 months and have been married 33 years. Good things come out of Fairmont! Very Happy
Well, I hope things are settling a little for you and that you're having a good day.
Hugs....Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Elves 29/7/2009, 00:19

We are the same age. I went to West High & Fairmont State. My husband went to WVU but he's six years older than me. He was living in Nashville around that time period. He did play with the band Knuckle sometimes in Morgantown when he was in town, but he usually played by himself.
It would be funny if we have bumped into each other before! Laughing
I was born at Fairmont General too. The scary part is that the hospital is pretty much the same. A wing was added and that's about it.
If you are passing through the area please stop by!!! Woot
Mountain Elves
Mountain Elves
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DianeExpress 29/7/2009, 13:04

Oh, Patty...I'm so glad you saw my post! You and I are the same age (well, almost......I'll be 54 NOT POSSIBLE this Sunday) and Greg is six years older than me! ( 60 in Sept.!) I'll tell him about the hospital. He just assumed that it wouldn't still be there. His grandmother lived in Fairmont until she was in her 80's at least. His grandparents were Fletcher and Maude Brown. Ever hear those names?? (Probably not, but I thought I'd take a stab at it.) Then Greg's family moved to the Baltimore area and he grew up there.
I would love to see you sometime and I'll make sure that when Greg goes to the area next time I"ll coordinate something with you. Oh, to meet another SantaMaker! Excited Wouldn't a SantaMakers Only cruise be nice??????? Clapping

Well, thanks for writing and I'm sending a big hug!
Diane

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Elves 29/7/2009, 13:12

Doug turned 60 in May and would you believe that he moved to Baltimore after college. Laughing
I know a Dr. Brown. Any Dr.'s in the family?
What a small world! We will have to get together sometime!

Oh! And have a Happy Birthday on Sunday! birthday1
Mountain Elves
Mountain Elves
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 29/7/2009, 14:21

birthday5 birthday3 Well, Diane, HAPPY BIRTHDAY early! :-) My hubby grew up in Baltimore...Brunswick area I believe. But, he is only 45. I am not at all familiar with the area but the pictures from there are very nice.

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  regiooaksartist 29/7/2009, 15:25

birthday2 YEAH!!!!! Diane will be 45 on Sunday.....(Sunday is backwards day ya know..hehe) I hope ya'll have big plans to celebrate. I truly believe that age is just a number....so celebrate girl!!!!

birthday5 Happy Birthday to you (chachacha) Happy Birthday to you (chachacha) Happy Birthday Dear Diane.....Happy Birthday to you (chachacha)

birthday6 and many more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs and tons of GIFTS!!!! Regi

regiooaksartist
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DianeExpress 30/7/2009, 08:28

THANK YOU FOR MY BIRTHDAY WISHES!! Excited I was very touched. Honest. You guys are the best!

Patty, no Doctor Browns. His PaPaw was a coal miner and died of black lung. (Greg adored him.)

Lori, Brunswick is less than an hour from here! That part of the
country is very nice. It's not really that close to Baltimore (which,
in my opinion, isn't that pretty). I would pass signs to Brunswick
whenever I'd go to visit my sister, Karen.

Regi, I'll take the 45!!!! Hyper
and thank you for the birthday song. (You're a riot!) No special plans,
but Greg actually has the day off from work! Even at my age I know the
kids will put up balloons and streamers! Very Happy

Thanks again and hugs to you all....Diane woohoo

DianeExpress
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum