Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!
Santamakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raven and the Crow: Finished!

3 posters

Go down

Raven and the Crow: Finished! Empty Raven and the Crow: Finished!

Post  LMPartdolls 20/10/2009, 20:53

Finally, I was able to finish this piece after a lot of hassles. I thought I was gonna pull my hair out more than one occassion. But, I'm pleased with the final piece.

At any rate, this is more than anything an emotional piece of art with hints of symbolism. The title of the sculpt is "Raven and the Crow". As you will see in her pictures, she has a tear rolling down her cheek as she leans forward to pet and comfort the crow. The symbolism behind the piece is that crows herald death and grave yards, they are indeed the messengers of ill fortunes. The dark fairy, Raven, is mourning the loss that the messenger brings. The Crow, he does not like his job, but it is his to tell nonetheless, and so, he carries on, in his sad state of affairs. Thus, the Raven, she comforts him and lets him know that she too, understands what it is that he must do, and listens to the message that he brings. And, this is the story behind The Raven and the Crow.
In the spirit of halloween, I hope you like her! Raven and the Crow: Finished! 360356

Raven and the Crow: Finished! Raven-and-the-crow14
Raven and the Crow: Finished! Raven-and-the-crow9
Raven and the Crow: Finished! Raven-and-the-crow2-1
Raven and the Crow: Finished! Raven-and-the-crow10
Raven and the Crow: Finished! Raven-and-the-crow23
Raven and the Crow: Finished! Raven-and-the-crow22
Raven and the Crow: Finished! Raven-and-the-crow21

Sorry for all the pics, I couldn't decide which one I liked the best. lol I hope you enjoyed them anyway!

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Raven and the Crow: Finished! Empty Re: Raven and the Crow: Finished!

Post  SueCat10 23/10/2009, 06:55

What a good job you did, and I love the story.

SueCat10

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 23/10/2009, 07:14

Thanks again, Sue. I worked really hard on her, had some issues here and there, but, she came out better than I had expected her to in the end. I'm very glad you like her and her story. Raven and the Crow: Finished! 313583

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 23/10/2009, 18:29

The rooster tail feathers are perfect. Just the right amount of fullness. See, great things happen if you just stick with it! Huggs
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-18

http://freewebs.com/psclaus

Back to top Go down

Post  LMPartdolls 23/10/2009, 21:34

You got that right, Paula! I was pleased when I seen the final results. It was worth the 2nd go round on the wings. I admit...if those feathers didn't work, I was gonna go bald over this doll. Raven and the Crow: Finished! 617210 The feathers wound up being exactly what I had wanted in the beginning. Sometimes, having to settle for the next best thing just isn't the best thing after all. I'm glad I was persistant with the project. Raven and the Crow: Finished! 699332

Hugs,
Lori

LMPartdolls
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down