Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Santamakers
Reminder: You are viewing this forum as a Guest. You will not be able to post, access or view restricted areas of the Santamakers Forum until you login or register.

Visitors: You are permitted to view our Guild Membership group list, but for security reasons you must be registered & logged in to contact our Santamakers Guild members by email or PM. You may however click on Guild Member's websites (if one is provided) within the group list. You will find the link to our Guild Members on the santamakersguild.com website.

Welcome to the Santamakers Community Forum!
Santamakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generic Introduction Thread - for the kinda shy

+7
jan
artsyfartsystitchwitch
CajunSanta
SilverBellsKringle
saddiejane
Shirl
Mountain Elves
11 posters

Go down

Generic Introduction Thread - for the kinda shy Empty Generic Introduction Thread - for the kinda shy

Post  Mountain Elves 10/1/2009, 08:27

If you are uncomfortable starting your own introduction thread you can introduce yourself here! Smile
Mountain Elves
Mountain Elves
Admin

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://mountainelves.com

Back to top Go down

Generic Introduction Thread - for the kinda shy Empty Re: Generic Introduction Thread - for the kinda shy

Post  Shirl 10/1/2009, 10:57

Elf Patti, This site is so much easier. Thank you Shirl

Shirl
Guild Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Generic Introduction Thread - for the kinda shy Empty Re: Generic Introduction Thread - for the kinda shy

Post  Mountain Elves 10/1/2009, 11:14

I hope so! I'm going to ask everyone to reintroduce themselves here since it's like starting over again. I guess I should do the same. Blush
Mountain Elves
Mountain Elves
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  saddiejane 10/1/2009, 13:25

Hi Patti, I was wondering, in the photo section ,its says you have 19 there but i can only bring up the cover one, I'm I doing some thing wrong or did i misinterpret the 19 ..
thanks Sarah Embarassed

saddiejane
Guild Member

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Elves 10/1/2009, 13:39

Do you mean the Photo Gallery? No there is not 19! I only have 3 photos and I had to use one of my dog! Laughing

No when you click on "Upload Photo" it should create your album for you. Then you will have a Drop down box to decide which album to put it in. Give it a try, if you mess up just give me a yelp and I'll clean it up. Popcorn

Don't be afraid to play around in the Gallery! I'm not going to advertise to the general public until we work out the kinks!
Mountain Elves
Mountain Elves
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  saddiejane 10/1/2009, 15:14

Patti. I posted some there now I will let you tell me if I did it right lol Very Happy
Sarah

saddiejane
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Elves 10/1/2009, 15:55

You did good! Woot
Did you have any problem with the default theme that I'm using for the gallery? I do know there is a glitch when you try to edit a photo. I have to switch to another theme other than the default in order to get it to work.
Mountain Elves
Mountain Elves
Admin

Back to top Go down

Generic Introduction Thread - for the kinda shy Empty photo gallery

Post  saddiejane 10/1/2009, 16:06

Sorry Patti I'm a little slow on the whit end today. lol I'm thinking the 19 was how may times your photo has been viewed lol Embarassed
No i didn't have any real problems i just got confused trying to create my own album. I up loaded the photos and my album didn't drop down .So i re did it. I also went back in and re did the captions under the photos and did not have a problem with doing that either.
now we will see when I try to up load more lol
thanks i think every one will like this site
Sarah

saddiejane
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Generic Introduction Thread - for the kinda shy Empty Just Testing! Sunnie Here! : )

Post  SilverBellsKringle 10/1/2009, 17:16

Just testing the posts to see if I come through!! Smile Looks like all is well.
Hope we can find our way around this site...Multiply is a difficult site to use especially for those of us with dial-up connections. Happy Saturday! Sunnie : )

SilverBellsKringle
Guild Member

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Elves 10/1/2009, 17:29

Sunnie good to see you made it! So how's the site loading using dial up? Too many graphics?
I should have never tried to design a forum around Christmas. I got a little carried away. Blush

Members have the option of turning off viewing the smilies in their profile too. That might help with really slow connections or for members who absolutely detest smilies.
Mountain Elves
Mountain Elves
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CajunSanta 10/1/2009, 19:59

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and site. I have been looking for a month for a quality Santamaker site and this seems exactly what I'm looking for! I know by the posts that everything is fairly new here and if it means anything at all, I like it. It seems like a very easy forum to navigate around. I look forward to learning allot between now and next Christmas. I was a Santa this year for the very first time. I did only volunteer work so that I can feel comfortable in the Santa clothes, boots, walking and talking before I would try to do anything commercially. I had a great time and want to learn more. If anyone has any must have books or reads or tips that I need to know I would love hearing suggestions. Thanks allot and I look forward to learning.

CajunSanta

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Elves 10/1/2009, 20:29

CajunSanta wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and site. I have been looking for a month for a quality Santamaker site and this seems exactly what I'm looking for! I know by the posts that everything is fairly new here and if it means anything at all, I like it. It seems like a very easy forum to navigate around. I look forward to learning allot between now and next Christmas. I was a Santa this year for the very first time. I did only volunteer work so that I can feel comfortable in the Santa clothes, boots, walking and talking before I would try to do anything commercially. I had a great time and want to learn more. If anyone has any must have books or reads or tips that I need to know I would love hearing suggestions. Thanks allot and I look forward to learning.
Welcome CajunSanta! hibye Wow! You joined us on the first day of our big move! whew
I'm looking forward to reading your posts. Things may be a little crazy around here for a few weeks while everyone gets situated. You might find some interesting posts over on the Santamakers MSN Group to look through until then. You better read fast though! MSN is closing their groups in February!

I've made Santa's but I've never tried to be one! Laughing You will have to post a picture!
Mountain Elves
Mountain Elves
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  artsyfartsystitchwitch 11/1/2009, 21:18

Hi all!!! I was on the old SantaMakers forum, but hadn't visited since probably the last part of 2004. Blush When I received the e-mail about the new home, I decided it was time to come back & hopefully connect with a few old friends.

Abbie
artsyfartsystitchwitch
artsyfartsystitchwitch
Guild Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Elves 11/1/2009, 22:54

artsyfartsystitchwitch wrote:Hi all!!! I was on the old SantaMakers forum, but hadn't visited since probably the last part of 2004. Blush When I received the e-mail about the new home, I decided it was time to come back & hopefully connect with a few old friends.

Abbie
Don't feel bad Abbie. I left the old forum in very capible hands and sort of dissapeared myself. Blush I did check in every now and then but I had such a rough time with logging in to MSN I never posted. It was hard enough getting that email sent out and putting a notice up on the site. I think I'm making up for lost time now! Laughing

I hope everyone finds this forum a little easier to use. I know it will take some time getting used to, but I think there are some really good possiblities here and maybe bring the old group back to life! Hopefully everyone will get settled in this week and some real santa discussions can get started again! I think right now everyone is trying to get their bearings and get their pictures and Meet the Artist information together!

Patty
Mountain Elves
Mountain Elves
Admin

Back to top Go down

Generic Introduction Thread - for the kinda shy Empty Look forward to visiting!

Post  jan 13/1/2009, 09:08

Hi, I'm Jan. I'm fairly new to sculpting Santas, so I was so glad to see this site come up. I was a member of the old, old Santamakers site. Liked the really old site, but not the one on multiply. With all the snow we have been getting in Eastern Iowa, I am staying home a lot (when I am not working). So I hope I will have some time to work on a few Santas. I made a good friend with the old site and hope to find some more inspiration now. Thanks for all your hard work. Jan

jan
Guild Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Generic Introduction Thread - for the kinda shy Empty I'm Here!

Post  Daintiest_Nick 13/1/2009, 21:36

Hi there Everyone! I had a little trouble getting registered and logged in but Patty fixed that for me and here I am. So glad to see everyone joining in here. We would all have really missed the comradre of Santamakers should we have lost it completely. But we didn't, a big thanks to Patty. Clapping

I was manager on the old site for a long time...(by the way I see our Lisa Fronek has joined us here......how goes it Lisa? ), but when my hubby had some health problems I just couldn't keep up with that and the ranch work I had to do. So I asked a couple of the other members to help out. Hubby still has the problems but I hope I won't have to work out on the ranch so much from now on. Guess we'll see. hmm

I haven't sculpted a Santa for a long time now, but intend to again soon. Will post a pic or two of my older stuff. Been doing a lot of Native American figuratives and Spirit masks until recently. Right now I'm working on gourds. They're fun. Will post some pic. Take a look.

Sherry
www.snicolasoriginals.com

Daintiest_Nick

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.snicolasoriginals.com

Back to top Go down

Generic Introduction Thread - for the kinda shy Empty Introduction

Post  cahvah 15/1/2009, 21:28

Hi All...Sherry, I do remember you from the old group. It has been a long time since I stopped in because MSN wouldn't allow me access. I am looking forward to reconnecting.
Here's my intro blurb Smile

I am a full time woodcarver. It was my friend, Teri, who got me into the old group years ago. I love Santa and although I have expanded my carving subjects, I will never stop carving Santas. I am married and we share our house with a Yellow Collar Macaw, now two years old. Auggie is often referred to as "Featherbrat!"
Are there any other carvers in the group? I know there used to be a couple.

Thanks,
Marcia
cahvah
cahvah

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-15

http://whittlinsnwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mountain Elves 15/1/2009, 21:58

Hi Marcia! There are a couple of carvers on the MSN group but I don't think they have made it here yet.
Hopefully everyone will eventually make it over.
Mountain Elves
Mountain Elves
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 18/1/2009, 18:16

I guess we are all noobs here even with that migration. I'm Paula, I was with the ancients walkingcane at msn groups, although my identity got lost? My gallery was still there lol. I feel like a dead Egyptian with the hieroglyphs on the wall. bag I went by Janes1addiction. Shy me? Not by a long shot. I do a variety of sculpting but my love is Santa.
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-18

http://freewebs.com/psclaus

Back to top Go down

Post  darel 20/1/2009, 12:40

Marcia,

I work mostly in clay, but I did just started a 12 week wood carving class. We have had two classes so far and I really enjoy it.

I took a look at your web site. I really like your work.

Darel

darel
Guild Member

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  cahvah 22/1/2009, 19:21

Oh that's great, Darel!! Just consider yourself warned...woodcarving is a serious addiction!!

Enjoy!
Marcia Hyper
cahvah
cahvah

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 25/1/2009, 10:44

I would love to learn to wood carve, even bought this fancy little whittlers knife, that has a permanent place with my kitchen knives. I am one of those people that has all this wood cutting equipment and don't know how to use it (well except for my scroll saw lol). Maybe later down the road I can talk you guys into doing a tut? I want carved Santa heads for my Christmas trees, and I know I can do it, just where to start? Paula
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cahvah 26/1/2009, 20:40

Actually, I do have a face carving tutorial on my web page. Go to http://whittlinsnwood.com/classes.html
Scroll down to the little penguin...just to the right is a button to click on for a face carving tutorial. It's a downloadable pdf file. I just got a new web cam. One of my goals is to teach an online class...so....you never know Smile

Marcia
cahvah
cahvah

Back to top Go down

Post  psclaus 27/1/2009, 16:36

oh thanks Marcia! this is going to help me out bunches, Too bad that dead cottonwood tree across the street from my house got hauled away. I would have been over there with a chainsaw loppin off huge pieces to work with. Your a Gem thanks again.
psclaus
psclaus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum